Project about cars for school {need help}

I would actually recommend taking another topic, researching on cars for an English class seems very tricky.

I bet 100$ that you will not be able to do a proper research paper solely about hardcore car stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying that you are stupid or something. My comment is meant to reflect on the topic itself.

Limited time, limited research, rather limited availability of academic papers in the field etc etc etc, will lead to no good.

In particular, when this is your first time doing something like this, and you yourself are not sure about exactly what you are supposed to do and how.

Do something thats more feasible, writing about cars won't make you any cooler in the eyes of your classmates or teacher. ;)

Do something that you can find quickly info on, and can write in an afternoon, rather than ending up bashing your head against the desk at 3am in the night, because you got stuck on page 1 - table of contents.

If you want it to be automotive related, you might as well do what I'd suggested in a previous post in this thread.

You are 16 years right? So if your school system is just a little like in Denmark it dosen't have to be anthing too specific yet. And since it's an English assigment my guess is a good part of the focus is not on how well researched it is, but on how it's written. Did something simular on sun spots. That is a pretty good subject. Lots of info, facts and history to write about + the global effect ofit and so on.

you can write around 7 or 8 pages just on car safety development and innovations. but its not going to be "fun" or anything. as pdanev said, you may want to do another topic. the way i see highschool research papers, you should already have a decent amount of prior knowledge on the subject. otherwise, it will sound like you just copied it word for word.

For instance, for my sophomore research paper we had 10 weeks (half a semester) to look up info, write the rough draft, make note cards of gathered info and actually writing the essay itself. it had to be minimum 7 pages and had to have like 10 paragraphs or so. I started it less than 12 hours before it was due and spent 2 hours total on it. i ended up getting a 99.7% on it. how was i able to do this? the research paper was about UFO's, and i didnt have to look up all of the info...it was based on a lot of the info i already knew. it sounded very natural

it looks like you could be interested in photography, that could be a good starting point. you can even touch base on automotive photography in the process. see where i'm going with this?