Project Glass - Google AR Glasses

[video=youtube;-sSsRIhVYB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sSsRIhVYB4[/video]

I read a few editorials that brought up good points as far as privacy is concerned, since it gives the ability to anyone to take pictures/videos of anyone else w/o really having any kind of external indication to what they are doing. Also wonder how it would work with glasses of either sun or prescription type. Not to mention that they are not exactly pretty.

It still looks retarded. I have a feeling it's going to fall flat on its face and will be a cliche object for tech douchebags.

It still looks retarded. I have a feeling it's going to fall flat on its face and will be a cliche object for tech douchebags.
That's really one of the biggest problems I have with it, if it could integrate into my Ray Bans then we could talk.... I also somewhat question wearable tech, it hasn't been particularly successful (watches and such).

That's nothing more than a translucent Android phone dangling in front of you....

Still looks 'tarded.

I have to admit I've been thinking about this wrong - it's not a replacement to the cell phone/tablet/whatever. It's an advanced bluetooth headset. And in that sense, it can work.

Thinking about this in the context of motorcycles, I wonder the likelihood of an app for augmented riding? e.g. rear view collision warning, blind spot warning, turn-by-turn gps, changing weather, etc.

I think they've got the right mindset for this, and would be pretty happy to have a system like this integrated into my prescription glasses.

Thinking about this in the context of motorcycles, I wonder the likelihood of an app for augmented riding? e.g. rear view collision warning, blind spot warning, turn-by-turn gps, changing weather, etc.

How about a night-vision mode like some cars have?