Project Gotham Racing 3 (XBOX 360)

via a cable ??? ;-)
Or maybe magically over the air... hehe...

Well if you get a battery play and charge kit.. it is done by usb cable.. you can actually see i have it pluged in under the ipod cable in that pic. It just plugs into the front of the controll so you can keep playing.

That kit though is like 20 or 30 bucks i think. Most people just use Double AA's One of my controller's in just regular double aa's and it hasn't run out of juice yet.

Buba,
no I hab kei HD-TV, son Schmarn :lol:

really..for what they give us, they still cost too much now.
As stapler already stated, the graphics are also amazing on a normal TV. The difference between Xbox PGR2 and Xbox 360 PGR3 is enormous.

I feel you guys.
I can tell you what I did to myself if I didn?t get it.
Fortunetely I ordered at three shops and placed my work-holidays at this time.

stapler123 said:
Well if you get a battery play and charge kit.. it is done by usb cable.. you can actually see i have it pluged in under the ipod cable in that pic. It just plugs into the front of the controll so you can keep playing.

That kit though is like 20 or 30 bucks i think. Most people just use Double AA's One of my controller's in just regular double aa's and it hasn't run out of juice yet.

Yeah I have a play and charge kit since the gamestop people said it was likely to be out of stock at release. I paid $20.99 for it. I'd love to actually be able to use it in the downtime between classes and exams, but oh well, hopefully I get it before christmas (allegedly larger shipments will be available the week after I go home for break) but I dunno, since I'll have a couple of weeks off before moving. Hopefully i'll be able to play through the backlog of games. I'll be at home so I won't have my home theater stuff, so i'll won't get the full HD experience until February. Oh well, i'll go away now until I get mine :-\

Faultier said:
Buba,
no I hab kei HD-TV, son Schmarn :lol:

really..for what they give us, they still cost too much now.

Dunno... I have been looking around for 32'' and 37'' lcds, and if you leave the big brands out, you're well catered for under 2000 Euros... (Even under 1200 for the 32''...)
Maybe my Grandad will be in a spending mood for Christmas, some money from my Dad and I'll pitch in the rest... I saved a lot because I had to study a lot recently... ;-) We'll see...

Buba

1200 or even 2000 ? is still very much money ;)
you can get a car for this price :woot:

I've priced a couple 32 incher's for under 1k dollars u.s.... Mostly people like westinghouse and olivia though.

If you really want hdtv and don't mind size. You can get a great crt hdtv for lik 500 or 600 bucks that supports 720p and 1080i. You better have one hell of a stand to put it on though. Your talking about like 200 lbs of tv.

BTW that remote control sooo looks like a female "fun" toy ....

I'll wait a while beforee getting it, probably when I have money after studio lights, car mounts, car, laptop, G5 iMac ....

Hmm, I just played the game while I was in the store to check out some lcds... (Becoming quite serious in buying one now...)

I have to say (it was on a 32'' samsung lcd) it didn't look as spectacular as I thought it would. Especially New York seems to have pretty smushy buildings... And the cockpits aren't as crisp as I hoped.

But the car selection is just amazing... I loved the CCR, and the Ferraris are great, too...

Buba

mmm, I am now closer to PGR goodness. I decided to just spend the $1000 and buy one of those overpriced bundles that include a bunch of stuff that I don't want, and allegedly it will be overnight shipped, so it will be at my parents' house at the latest Friday. Unfortunately they will be here Friday, so I'll have to wait until Monday for it :-(. But its at least a lot less hassle than if I had to come back here to pick it up, or have someone here ship it to me. The bundle actually doesn't suck as much as I had figured it would, its got 7 games (Madden, NFSMW, Condemned, PDZ, COD 2, Quake 4, and King Kong), 2 extra wireless controllers, Strategy guides for King Kong and PDZ, and an extra 1 year warranty. At $60 a game, for some decent games (i'm going to find a way to offload Madden and NFSMW) I don't really feel as bad for buying this bundle as I might have otherwise.

^^ Still a lot of money...

Anyway, congrats and enjoy!

yeah its quite a lot of money, at least I didn't pay $1000 for just the console on ebay. :-\ oh well I have a bit of a stockpile to pay for most of this stuff with anyway (as a result of not paying for housing here at school for a few months) and a lot of it was games I would probably buy anyway (excepting Madden, but I might have rented it.)

Damn I'm so annoyed that the thing is so hard to get.. I went to this shop with a friend of mine. They advertised they had new ones in stock, there was 1 other guy waiting for the shop to open.. he mistakingly was there 2 hours before it opened (lol).. but anyways, shop opened, we rushed in to get 2 of the expensive versions.. turned out they only had 2 of those and 3 of the core system. We were ready to pay for the systems when I remembered that guy (he was picking it up for his family.. the look on his face.. oh man). Anyways, I decided to be a good person and let him have the system and let my buddy get the other one. So basically.. now I have to wait for the next shipment and hope the story doesn't repeat itself (well it won't, next time I'll keep the damn thing for myself :D )

927245_20051117_screen009.jpg

Note the blue car. The Pride of Aus, the Joss is in!! WOO HOO!! Roll on March... gah I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!

Hehe I'm glad to read all the positive words about PGR3! As I wrote in another thread I worked on the game as a car modeler. I modeled and textured 7 cars for the game. I'm still doing modeling even after the game is released but I can't say what I'm working on :( Anyway, if any of you are aspiring 3d artists or just curious don't hesitate to ask any questions :)

My girlfriend is an aspiring game artist, how'd you get into it? She's going to art school, but I have seen a few people get good work(ie rockstar) without degrees. How'd you get into everything?

finished the game on platinum yesterday and I still love it :driving: :bow: