Project Meatball: 1972 Datsun 240Z LS1-T56

Krinkov

Car(s)
04 STI, 07 Corvette, 79 911SC, 72 240Z
Been working on this since last year and finally got it out on the road last week. I'll post a couple pics of how it looks now then get into the build.

qu8V4HD.jpg

iPMRYYq.jpg

omfTbyQ.jpg

oKfFdQJ.jpg

JQ5bWuO.jpg

Mmph... <3

That thing is awesome.
Looks like a pretty clean job too, and not to over done like these custom cars tend to be, the front wing's doesnt quite do it for me, but I absolutly love the rest of it. Nice touch with the shifter.

I've always had a love for these old Datsuns, one of the few non-USDM cars I even like, and yours is certainly one of the better ones I've seen. I'm looking forward to reading about the build.

That is very cool, proper road fighter :thumbsup: Does it come with built-in machine guns?

OST-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5-Sony-Playstation-1-Startup-716945.jpeg

I'd still prefer a straight 6 though for the howl. :p

:heavyb: the devil Z

sweet-jesus.gif

Superb
:jawdrop:

Perfect bar the engine choice. I'd have gone with a massively tuned L28 to retain originality. I really, really like the paintjob, it doesn't look as "passe" as the other fighter plane inspired jobs. :)

Perfect bar the engine choice. I'd have gone with a massively tuned L28 to retain originality. I really, really like the paintjob, it doesn't look as "passe" as the other fighter plane inspired jobs. :)

I personally would have kept it datsun and gone with a blown VQ37.

That being said, nothing wrong with an LS1.

Dat shifter!

I love the shifter.

"Eruesu"?

ya "Eru Esu 1" is as close as you can get to "LS1" ;)

Finally installed my Watanabe RS wheels after a nearly 6 month wait from japan.

16X9.5" -19 offset with 245/45 RA1s all around.

still need to trim the front center cap a bit to get it to fit over the hub but needed to take it out for a drive first

4aFZyKi.jpg

Fantastic looking thing! I'm usually not into those paint jobs, but somehow I love that. And that shifter :cool: