Proposal: Top Gear vs LAPD

Status
Not open for further replies.
^could you really imagine a capora police car

theres a good chance the police would be ones upside down dead and onfire in the chase if they had one of those.

and all you gotta do is drive to any residential area and it'd be thwarted by, ironically enough, sleeping police men! lol

Yeah, but like I said. I think it easily takes the award for the most insane police car. The US would have to put red and blue lights on a space shuttle to beat that madness.

or Americans could just have proper police chases....

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTVnpr2ZqZg[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRN-m8sppls[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zIK05DpGQU[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCt0ismFGZ4[/YOUTUBE]
That said, the American police can can be made of stupid drivers.

and...has Britain ever had a stolen tank?
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msPrOIAVUZo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
Whats the use of having the cars if they aren't used?

Last edited:
I don't know what the criticism is - you have to love it when there is such a chase culture that when a suspect gives up the news coverage calls it "weak."

In the US we have a long history of running from the law, and we're damn proud of it. I'm not saying it's smart, but I know a couple people who have outrun the cops on their bikes and gotten away.

I don't know what the criticism is - you have to love it when there is such a chase culture that when a suspect gives up the news coverage calls it "weak."

In the US we have a long history of running from the law, and we're damn proud of it. I'm not saying it's smart, but I know a couple people who have outrun the cops on their bikes and gotten away.

Yup, look at the police chases in movies. Vanishing Point anyone? How about The Blues Brothers.

i highly doubt the US govt (fed or state or municipal) would be up for that sort of tom foolery. but that doesn't make your TG challenge a good idea.

i was always surprised the british army/navy would take part in all the crazy stuff top gear wants to do. but then i remember BBC is government owned...

doubt it will happen in the US

Dude, I've had an on-duty cop on a fully equipped police bike roll up to a bike meet and challenge everyone to a wheelie competition in the middle of a shopping mall. The Alameda County Sheriff's office uses their bomb squad to blow stuff up for Mythbusters and their officers help out with the weapons-based myths.

The police like to show their skills to the public.

Dude, I've had an on-duty cop on a fully equipped police bike roll up to a bike meet and challenge everyone to a wheelie competition in the middle of a shopping mall. The Alameda County Sheriff's office uses their bomb squad to blow stuff up for Mythbusters and their officers help out with the weapons-based myths.

The police like to show their skills to the public.

Exhibition work counts toward the training hours officers are required to complete each year.

Who said anything about making fun of the LAPD? They have years of experience doing chases and tons of training, if anything they will embarrass the hell out of the Top Gear presenters - with the possible exception of The Stig.

Who said anything about making fun of the LAPD? They have years of experience doing chases and tons of training, if anything they will embarrass the hell out of the Top Gear presenters - with the possible exception of The Stig.

omg do you even watch top gear?

*looks at join date, rep and number of posts*

Do you? Let's take a look at some of the self-deprecating things we have seen so far on Top Gear - an abridged list:

• Hammond's van sinks... twice.
  • James builds a boat that can't go under bridges and has a taste for CCTV cameras
  • Jeremy had a gear lever up his bottom
  • Jeremy has managed to injure himself on a number of occasions.
  • They all lost in the race to the airport
  • Jeremy and James seem to be proud of being the worst-dressed on TV
  • Jezza tried to smoke a pipe the wrong way and got a mouth full of ash and tobacco.
Yeah, I can see how these guys would stand a chance against LA's finest. Even if the Top Gear boys do take the piss out of the LAPD, I'm pretty sure they are big boys and can handle it without running off to cry in the corner.

Last edited:
Your credibility as a Top Gear fan has completely diminished in this thread. Top Gear HATES cops. Almost every episode they're bitching about cops. Did you even watch the "factual" episode they filmed in the US???

Your "abridged" list of self deprecating humour is irrelevant. Those were done for entertainment reasons and is not representative of their actual abilities or skills.

Fact that you don't know this shows you have no idea what you're proposing.

And btw, your idea, while potentially entertaining (which I've sort of admitted) is not entirely original. A better idea has already been conceived where they tested American vs European police cars and police driving skills on TV.

Why would the police compare themselves against three "self deprecating" brits?

Your credibility as a Top Gear fan has completely diminished in this thread. Top Gear HATES cops. Almost every episode they're bitching about cops. Did you even watch the "factual" episode they filmed in the US???

Your "abridged" list of self deprecating humour is irrelevant. Those were done for entertainment reasons and is not representative of their actual abilities or skills.

Fact that you don't know this shows you have no idea what you're proposing.

And btw, your idea, while potentially entertaining (which I've sort of admitted) is not entirely original. A better idea has already been conceived where they tested American vs European police cars and police driving skills on TV.

Why would the police compare themselves against three "self deprecating" brits?

Holy fuck. You are an idiot, and I'll let someone else with more time on his hands to point out exactly why. In before the ban, lock, or more -rep (though not that anyone will notice that one).

Holy fuck. You are an idiot, and I'll let someone else with more time on his hands to point out exactly why. In before the ban, lock, or more -rep (though not that anyone will notice that one).

Couldn't have said it better myself.

A stolen Corsa full of Hoodies being chased by an Astra diesel around a council estate? :rofl:

This, my friends, is what makes Britain great. It's all about the comedy! ;)

LOL :roflmao:

Anyways, How often do u see those special models? Those Cameros are sometimes seen on Highway 15 (Los Angeles to Las Vegas) and Car Shows. PD's are not going to spend boku bucks to have a fleet of those models. All they are doing is trying to intimidate the public by saying "Hey, wanna speed. We have something that can catch you!"

So, why would the TG trio want to deal with traffic wardens? I say NO, it was a good idea but highly unlikely.

Last edited:
lol thats funny

Last edited:
LOL :roflmao:

Anyways, How often do u see those special models? Those Cameros are sometimes seen on Highway 15 (Los Angeles to Las Vegas) and Car Shows. PD's are not going to spend boku bucks to have a fleet of those models. All they are doing is trying to intimidate the public by saying "Hey, wanna speed. We have something that can catch you!"

So, why would the TG trio want to deal with traffic wardens? I say NO, it was a good idea but highly unlikely.

And I think it is just the type of thing the LAPD would be up for doing.

I bet if you showed them a few episodes of tg and said, want to take part in this, you would be beating them off with sticks.

Hell, if you did the same thing in my hick town, they would all sign up. All 8 of them with their ragged out crown vics. Oh yeah, just tell them where to show up. They already consider themselves some kind of hot shot, better than you driver as it is. And I know, I used to date one of them.

Blind's idea is awesome, and actng is a fucking asstard.

Status
Not open for further replies.