Purvis Eureka PL30 (Project)

tool831

Car(s)
Purvis Eureka PL30
Hello, not sure if this is the correct place. This is my dads and myself project this was brought 2 years ago for (AUD) $3000 with a damaged motor (Mitsubishi Galant) and have been working on it ever since. It had a rusted out floor pan the engine cover was missing so rain soaked it all the way through. It sits on a VW 1600 chassis. It was parked 2 houses down from my place and was seen in tall grass never moved about 3 years before.

----------------------------------------------------------
Engine Status:

VW 1600 chassis
Alfa Romeo 44 Cloverleaf
AlfaSud adapter plate
Gas shocks suspension
Machined front brake disks
(Original) Brake drums on the rear
Holden Commodore radiator
Modified fuel tank
2 battery's (1 for main door, 1 for main power)
-----

Body Status:

Model: PL30 Fiberglass kitcar (Hard Top)
Original Colour: Red & Black
New Colour: Electric Blue (Ford BA XR8 Blue)
Custom hood scoop
Custom boot scoop
Opened rear gill vents
New front windscreen
Custom made side window frames
Custom made Front bumper air flow metal plate
Front bumper metal scratch plate

LED Rear lights and indicators (Not official)
-----

Interior Status:

Vinyl/padded dashboard
Black Carpet interior
Custom checker plate center console
Custom accelerator/brake/Clutch pedals housing
Fire extinguisher with holder
Custom sports steering wheel
Sony XS-GTF1625B Speakers (190W)
Sony CDX-GT27 CD player/Radio

Note: Not all parts are brought but are planned to be. Aswell not all parts are listed just yet :p
---------------------------------------------------------------

Tour around the eureka.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VsyPdlsQUA

--------

Images are in random order.

(Click to enlarge)

spectre will xplod when he sees what you have bought

I had friends with projects like this when I was in high school, be it Baja bugs, or jeeps, or old sailboats. I saw how much time, stress, and money went into them. But all along I secretly wished my dad had a pole barn and air tools, then I could go out and buy an old Corvette, Camaro, or Silverado stepside for $500 and spend my evenings restoring it. Not to worry though, i have since gotten over my infatuation with the small block Chevy. . . mostly.

Nice project! What's the current state?

Hello tool! :mrgreen:

Nice car!

(from TDU:C)

What's the current state?

Current state well all i can say is everything is being fitted as a test atm, cause the body will be painted soon and myself and my dad want to get all holes done on the body before it gets painted, that way we dont have to do anymore holes after its been painted.

After all holes are done it will be stripped down the the chassis again, then the chassis will have its final chassis black paint as well the motor will be actually bolted on along with clutch plate and pressure plate and will be actually building it. :)

Get rid of that HORRIBLE steering wheel. I suggest you swap it out for something like a 2-spoke rally momo/sparco in alcantara, such as this:
sparco-215.jpg

Also, since it's fiberglass, I think that the beetle kit cars would be great platforms for building your own deisgns on. Think about it, for a bit of fiberglass, paint and new head/tail lights you could have something that is YOUR own design.

As long as you don't badge it as a Ferrari the beetle kit cars are fine, so make sure to either keep it as a "Purvis Eureka", or modify it.

Nah, we want try and keep it original as possible as there is only 7 in Western Australia (As we know). The wheel was a present for my dad birthday aswell so we already got that wheel you see in the image ive posted.

Allow me to be perfectly typical and say that would be saaaweet with a 13b :)

spectre will xplod when he sees what you have bought

I will?

It's yet another kit car, that's all. :p

Edit: Ah, okay. Yeah, the car's fine but the audio system has to go. Preferably in a cloud of fire.

Last edited:
Nice project mate! :)

(You are tool831 from the TDU:C forums right?)

I will?

It's yet another kit car, that's all. :p

Edit: Ah, okay. Yeah, the car's fine but the audio system has to go. Preferably in a cloud of fire.

took a while, but you got the point and i agree.

Oi leave the Kit car people alone!

Go the Alfa Romeo Engine.....Gotta love the little boxer engine. Drop me a PM if you need any hot bits for the little sucker.... :D

Edit:

Is it still a kit car if you design the kit?

Last edited:
Nice, keep us updated.

From what I can see there are holes in the body to mount the speakers and I can see right through them to your brick driveway. Is there some bodywork missing or am I missing something?

I'm from Perth too, BTW.

Alright, But you really, REALLY need to get rid of that steering wheel. Seriously. The one that was on the car during the first photos was far, far better..

Sorry guys, for such a massive gap with updates. :eek:

*I haven't gotten any newer ones, sadly. I will take some very soon though*
http://img443.imageshack.**/img443/2753/1000016l.jpg
http://img830.imageshack.**/img830/368/234x.jpg

I saw one of these the other day (well, about 3 months ago) and I have to say, they aren't too shabby looking in person. I'd always seen pics and thought they were ugly. But I actually kinda like them.