Push to Phase Out Gas Cars

jack_christie

Forum Addict

Biden, in a Push to Phase Out Gas Cars, Will Tighten Pollution Rules​

The president is expected to restore and strengthen tailpipe emissions regulations from the Obama era and set a target that half of all vehicles sold in the United States be electric by 2030.

So, I can't read the NYT article because I'm not subscribed.

What I don't see is the focus on Infrastructure to support all of these electric cars. I've seen a dozen new petroleum fuel stations get built with no means to support electric cars in my area. Yes we should focus on adding charging at home, that's all nice, but who's supporting the bill on that? Are we the buying public supposed to factor in the charging or simply, the fuel pump and plumbing to get fuel for my car when I need it?

I'm annoyed how we can build new fuel stations as if it's the easiest thing in the world, but come on, when will it be noticed that maybe we should be building electric charging stations as well in more areas? My area, there's maybe one charging station I have seen. Yes I can get one at home, but is that something I have to be planning for when I never needed to previously? Fuck, just a few weeks ago when we had high summer temps my neighborhood lost power for a few hours while the line was replaced. So what happens when everyone's got their A/C going and are charging their electric cars?

I am not against electric cars, but we as a society in this country are not looking at it the right way.

I believe there is money for electrification in the biparisan infrastucture deal, and probably more to come in the Dem's infrastructure package.

NYT story on MSN:

Biden, in a Push to Phase Out Gas Cars, Will Tighten Pollution Rules​

There's A Big Push For Electric Cars, With The White House Teaming Up With Automakers​

Biden to Set Target for 50 Percent of New Car Sales to Be EVs by 2030​