Put your eyes to the test

Dr_Q

Car(s)
Horse & Cart
There was a topic about this on another forum so I thought I would post it here too. If you go to http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77 you will see what all of this is about. I just did this with my standard uncalibrated Dell monitor and scored 4 which isn't too bad (the lower the better). I think it would be interesting to see how other people do too.

As this is the first topic I may as well make it a bit more interesting by putting a screenshot of my result up (an edited one to make it a bit more interesting :D)

Heh, I actually did that test a month ago and to my own surprise, I scored the perfect zero :woot: My monitor is a slightly calibrated 20" wide Dell (calibrated by moving the sliders a bit in Adobe Gamma until a test image looked ok in my eyes)

Scored a 0 on a comptuer lab iMac. Wow, I didn't expect to do this well...:blink:

11 on a calibrated (and brand new) 24" Samsung

Scored perfect 0 on my uncalibrated 24" Westinghouse LCD (it also passes the test seeing if you can see the difference between each color between 0,0,0 and 255,255,255). I did hit the preset button to switch between text and picture mode though (i.e. to get a brighter screen).

And it's actually easier than it may seem, at least it was for me. When you get it to where you think it looks right (rough draft of sorts), just go through and trade each one with the one next to it. It should be instantly apparently if the new order looks better or worse. Time consuming, but that's how I did it.

I only did the first one and checked it, and I got them all right. The trouble is, though, that after doing that one, once I started getting them in order, it almost looked like one of those optical illusions where the colors would switch. Was giving me a headache. :p

I remember this from one of the 3d forums I haunt. I never finished it then though, so I did now... and I got an unsurprising 82 due to being half red-green color blind. Yeah, I suck at colours, I like dull tones for a reason.

got an 8 for my slightly calibrated LG 19" and 15" macbook pro, guess I am not as blind as I thought I was lol
oh...and i got that weird optical illusion too....now i am seeing things....whoa....

4 was the result. 15" Iiyama LCD, don't know if it is calibrated or not. Haven't touched the settings in quite some time.

I got 23 on a 6 year old Gateway 19" CRT (that I don't think has ever been calibrated), and without much patience. :p