Question about cars in 1st gear

sam-l

Car(s)
Vokswagen Corrado VR6
What manual car can do the highest speed in 1st gear? :?

What manual car can do the highest speed in 1st gear? :?

Probably a supercar i would assume. Not sure which one you would have to go through all the specs checking gear ratios and such.

Salar just posted a few days ago that he got a ride in an LP640 and the driver hit 100 km/h in 1st. That's gotta be a contender for the top. I'm curious about this as well?

I'd say Koenigsegg CCX(R?). I think someone here had Koenigseggs speeds on different gears on his/her signature?

EDIT: Found it, it was cdbob's signature

"1st gear: 156 km/h 2nd gear: 204 km/h 3rd gear: 278 km/h 4th gear: 328 km/h 5th gear: 366 km/h 6th gear: 394 km/h Reverse gear: 165 km/h"

I's like to see a reverse drag race! :D

Last edited:
I'd say Koenigsegg CCX(R?). I think someone here had Koenigseggs speeds on different gears on his/her signature?

EDIT: Found it, it was cdbob's signature

"1st gear: 156 km/h 2nd gear: 204 km/h 3rd gear: 278 km/h 4th gear: 328 km/h 5th gear: 366 km/h 6th gear: 394 km/h Reverse gear: 165 km/h"

I's like to see a reverse drag race! :D

Jesus that's quick, 96mph in first!!!:w00t::w00t:

Salar just posted a few days ago that he got a ride in an LP640 and the driver hit 100 km/h in 1st. That's gotta be a contender for the top. I'm curious about this as well?

all supercars can do 100kmh in first gear, else they wouldn't be able to make such quick 0-60 times

Many of the current 1000+ cc sportbikes will do 100 mph in first.

With my rather tall final drive (3.45:1) and a wierd gearbox (Half S14 Silvia, Half R32 GTS-T) I can hit 90ish km/h in first (and off the rev limiter)

However it is a little boggy around town, my poor 'lil 3 Litre Inline 6 doesn't really like it :(

Still thats some staggering speeds in first, it would be awesome for 0-100km/h sprints providing you had the correct powerband/delivery

Monaro does 75mph

No it doesn't, it does 70km/h in first gear, or about 42mph.

probably the Koenigsegg, the Bugatti Veyron or my personal pick, the Ultimate SSC Aero.

No it doesn't, it does 70km/h in first gear, or about 42mph.

probably the Koenigsegg, the Bugatti Veyron or my personal pick, the Ultimate SSC Aero.

There was a special 500hp version of the Monaro that was on sale briefly which could do 70mph in first.