• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Question about copyright

piotras

I don't want another OT in Video Offers so I put it here

Viper007Bond said:
No MPAA stuff here please. ;)
bobber69 said:
Hey guys. What's MPAA stuff?
andyhui01 said:
^stuff that shouldn't be on the internet for free and is copyrighted.... e.g. movies and music ;)

So downloading "top gear" and other tv shows is legal ?
I thought it wasn't

Can someone explain it to me ?

*double standards*? :roll:

haz

SPG900 said:
Let's say Top Gear is "less illegal". :mrgreen:
Exactly.

The BBC/Five TV are not a huge corporation (comparitively) who are shutting down sites left and right and suing people. The MPAA is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPAA

MPAA is to movies as the RIAA is to music.

Question. I started a thread in video requests asking for vids from audioslave live in germany, was that topic trashed because of copyright issues? Or because it was not related to cars?

God I love that smilie.

'Bout how legal distributing tg & fg is. Why doesn't anuyone ask our friend from tg? he's here as a civilian and not as an employee from bbc. He'll know the answer.

Greetz Johan

freerider said:
'Bout how legal distributing tg & fg is. Why doesn't anuyone ask our friend from tg? he's here as a civilian and not as an employee from bbc. He'll know the answer.

I'm kind of guessing he wouldn't want to comment on legal issues concerning his employer... and if it should in fact be illegal, the BBC might not be to happy about him hanging around in here in the first place? :)

What's that expression... if you don't ask, you don't know, or you don't get no, or whatever. Something :?

freerider said:

Greetz Johan
Scale of 1 to 10? Probably a... 2? Maybe 1.

It'd be different if they sold DVD box sets of these (as we'd potentially be taking profits) and with the official download thingy now for FG, a little more illegal on the scale for FG. However, the downloads aren't done by Five, just licensed out I think, so it's not as big of a deal.

Basically, we're sucking up to both channels hoping they let us be 'cause we love them and the shows so much. :p