Question about Stratocasters

^ I will not get a Squire.

A question: I haven't tried a Telecaster yet. What are your collective thoughts on those?

The final sound that you get from any setup stems from many different variables. Types of wood used, strings (very important), pickups (these are actually very customizable if you know what your doing), luthiership (build quality: think assembly line vs. custom shop) and of course tubes and other electronics used in amplification. Needless to say, the final outcome can vary greatly, so saying brand X > brand Y is rather pointless as it really comes down to personal tastes and prefrences. Just get quality gear and match your setup according to the desired sound and you'll be golden. If in doubt, visit a local guitar shop and experiment with different setups. If the said shop "frowns" upon your experimental playing, leave at once and never shop there again. Any guitar shop who doesn't value the time and money of their customers, enough to let them make an informed decision before plomping down copious amounts of hard earned money, doesn't deserve your business.

Last edited:
^ I will not get a Squire.

A question: I haven't tried a Telecaster yet. What are your collective thoughts on those?

While I've never been a fan of the Telecaster shape, I have to say their necks are typically slimmer, and smoother. For some reason they fit my grip better. That being said, they are a bit too "twangy" for most normal daily playing. If I already has a Strat-type guitar, and I already had a Les Paul-type guitar, that would probably be a 3rd guitar.

Maybe you are talking about Squiers? It's the second strat i have and the one before this one had even chunkier knobs.;)

i have a mexi tele and ive never had a problem with it for the 8 years ive thrashed on it.

my squire i had before was a pos though, it fell apart in the 2 years of my playing.

i have a mexi tele and ive never had a problem with it for the 8 years ive thrashed on it.

my squire i had before was a pos though, it fell apart in the 2 years of my playing.

I used to have a mexican Strat that played pretty well (fret finishing left a bit to be desired...but otherwise, fine) but any of the "Squire Stratocaster: by Fender" or the "Fender Squire Stratocaster" are both...just...a heaping plate of sad.

The only squier I'd even touch is my younger brother's semi-hollowbody telecaster with duncan pickups. Sounds really good for a $250 guitar.
We'll know about my strat today or tomorrow.

I have two Fenders, a Strat (Made in Mexico) and an acoustic/electric (Made in Korea). No problems with either one, quality-wise. I can take pics if you want :)

On a different matter, nobody here owns a Yamaha Clavinova?

I have a CLP240 (2 cinch) and I want to connect it to my homestudio (2 jacks)...
I have a cable with on the one side 2 cinch and on the other side 2 jacks..

But the sound doesn't sound near as good as the original (speakers or headphones)...it's a bit distorted and quite low output. Could it be the cable or is it something else?

Squires are a good beginers learning tool mainly because 90% of people who start out wanting to play guitar quit with in a month or so. So buying an expensive guitar to learn to play makes as much sense as buying a Lambo to learn how to drive. If you survive the initial learning curve, then it's worth spending the extra $$$ to buy proper gear, seeing as how you can now appreciate it.

Squires are a good beginers learning tool mainly because 90% of people who start out wanting to play guitar quit with in a month or so. So buying an expensive guitar to learn to play makes as much sense as buying a Lambo to learn how to drive. If you survive the initial learning curve, then it's worth spending the extra $$$ to buy proper gear, seeing as how you can now appreciate it.

Although...had my first guitar been 1% shittier, I would have quit. The poor quality made for an incredibly awkward and uncomfortable hobby. By the time I rented my first REAL guitar, I couldn't believe how much easier this new guitar was to play, and how comfortable it was...

Although...had my first guitar been 1% shittier, I would have quit. The poor quality made for an incredibly awkward and uncomfortable hobby. By the time I rented my first REAL guitar, I couldn't believe how much easier this new guitar was to play, and how comfortable it was...

Good point. I guess if the guitar in question is THAT shitty, then yes it might affect your outlook. My assumption figures no extremes in quality.

I'm a very musical person. I've played (acoustic) guitar for ten years, piano for longer, and drums since I can remember. I have no intention of quitting ;)

if you've got the cash, go for a long term investment and spend at least 700 on your new guitar...the epiphone elitist line is a hell of a deal (gibson Les Paul customs with identical hardware handmade in china and korea for a fraction of the price). I'm personally looking very hard at an elitist les paul custom.

Maybe you are talking about Squiers? It's the second strat i have and the one before this one had even chunkier knobs.;)

Squiers just disintegrate faster. :rolleyes:

A good fender is a '73 Telecaster. anything else is pretty much useless

Noticed my local guitar shop had some good deals on Parker Flys. I have always loved these but never played one. Might have to go in tomorrow and try it out. I think they might be "epiphone" version though. I thought proper Parker Flys were very very pricey.

i don't think so. epiphone is gibson's off brand.

EDIT:Just picked up my strat from my mail room....whoa. really nice sound and the new marshall I got too is brilliant.

Last edited: