Question

mojo_786

Car(s)
Mazda Protege
Hi,

on the left side of the forum section, you see all these icons some red while others white. reds represent new posts and white means nothing has happened in that thread. Anyways i was wondering if there is anyway that you can make your red icons into white. In other words, change your unread post into read.

any suggestions?

thanks
Mojo

Close your browser, then come back in a few minutes ;)

fuck you!

i clicked that link with more than 60 topics still unread, no i have to manuall search them :x

bone said:
fuck you!

i clicked that link with more than 60 topics still unread, no i have to manuall search them :x
Relax.

You should have known what its function is considering your a regular here and if you didn't, you should have assumed what it would do considering the thread topic, which might I add, should be moved away from this Automotive section.

As for threads bone, trust me, its all useless Political Discussion and OT junk. I dunno about you but I skip most of that.

sorry, should've placed a smiley behind the fuck you :)

but i was expecting a link to thread where there was an explanation on how to do it, not to perform the action itself

and is it possible the other way around? caus sometimes my browser crashed, and all red icons are gone. so to kinda have a rollback to the previous state or sth? guess not :(

Thats fine.

I know when sometimes my browser crashes for some reason and all the red-icons are gone it can be a real bitch to search manually.

However, when I click that link I posted before, I can still see all the unread threads under the View Posts Since Last Visit link:
http://forum.finalgear.com/search.php?search_id=newposts

Only difference is they are marked unread but atleast I know what threads I havn't checked out yet.

hmmm, here it says "no topics matched your search"

jensked said:
yeah, that system fails a lot...when I read something, and i click 'post since last visit' most of them are still there...

What can you do about it? It's not the end of the world :)

Yeah, but you can tell which ones you haven't read becasue the orange "View Newest Post" is only by the ones you haven't viewed yet.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!!

Thank you..

That was just the thing i needed... but now i just realized another question. Everything u want to marked as read. u need to click on ur link rite? Besides that you cant really clik on a button or a link to mark everything as read. I mean in other forums u have a lil option at the bottom of ur screen that changes the new posts to old. But nothing like that on this forum is there? I hope u understand what im saying

anyways

Thanks again
Mojo

mojo_786 said:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!!

Thank you..

I mean in other forums u have a lil option at the bottom of ur screen that changes the new posts to old. But nothing like that on this forum is there? I hope u understand what im saying
I hope I understood what you were saying lol.

That link I gave you is exactly what I think your reffering to. That link I gave comes from the forums index right down the botton and is titled "Mark all forums marked as read".

Anyways, why does it matter?

"That link I gave you is exactly what I think your reffering to. That link I gave comes from the forums index right down the botton and is titled "Mark all forums marked as read". "

Ahh yess just found it.. thats wat i was looking for all along.

thanks again