R.I.P. Lieutenant47 aka James Stouffer

melbournian

Car(s)
2003 Honda Jazz VTi-S
Oh man, I am so sad to hear the Lieutenant has passed. I really enjoyed his posts and the interaction I had with him. RIP good sir.

Doctor Blade

Car(s)
92 Nissan Sentra XE (of Doom!)
That was sudden. RIP, indeed. From the read of the obit, it sounds like he might not rest too much in the afterlife. :)

CAPT_Howdy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2004 Mazda6 Estate 3.0
OK so here's a thought. While none of us has his depth or longevity of life experience it was his tales of old that truly enthralled us.

In his memory why not take a day or two to think back to the most amazing thing that has ever happened in your life and then share it here? Be totally honest with yourself and all your fellow FGers. Why?

Because most of us who enjoyed his anecdotes came to the conclusion that he was truly badass. If we are all honest we can compare our lives thus far and perhaps use his as an inspiration to work that bit longer, aim that bit higher, try that bit harder, push that bit further and on the whole live our lives just that bit closer to the edge. Don't dive in with the first thing that comes to mind. Give it some proper thought like he would have done.

That way we'll all be able to enthrall the grandkids and hopefully inspire the Final Gear member of 2032* and beyond!

*I'll be 63 by then. It seemed appropriate.
That's a great idea. I assume, though, that by "here" you mean this forum and not this thread. But yeah, create a new thread and I'll have a story or two to share by tomorrow night.

BlaRo

Little Nudger
Car(s)
Moto Guzzi V7 Special, Fiat 500 1957 Edition
If anyone is interested to read why he earned the title of the 'most interesting man in the world' then read this post in the NSFW section. It sums him up better than any of us could.
Damn, ever give rep to a dead man? :(

Polly

wants a cracker
Damn, just thought recently "trolololol, i'ma have a bit of a lurk in the forum to see if it's still the same!!11".

Devastated to see it isn't. My condolences.

jedd_kenobi

Forum Addict
Car(s)
A Blue Police Box
OK so here's a thought. While none of us has his depth or longevity of life experience it was his tales of old that truly enthralled us.

In his memory why not take a day or two to think back to the most amazing thing that has ever happened in your life and then share it here? Be totally honest with yourself and all your fellow FGers. Why?

Because most of us who enjoyed his anecdotes came to the conclusion that he was truly badass. If we are all honest we can compare our lives thus far and perhaps use his as an inspiration to work that bit longer, aim that bit higher, try that bit harder, push that bit further and on the whole live our lives just that bit closer to the edge. Don't dive in with the first thing that comes to mind. Give it some proper thought like he would have done.

That way we'll all be able to enthrall the grandkids and hopefully inspire the Final Gear member of 2032* and beyond!

*I'll be 63 by then. It seemed appropriate.
Definately a good idea, has such a thread been made?

v0od0o

Car(s)
981 CS
RIP Lieutenant. My best wishes of peace and comfort go out to your family and friends.

hokiethang

Car(s)
2007 Durango
Just goes to show how fragile life is, and how it can be gone in an instant. RIP and may his family be comforted by knowing he had such great friends here.