R.I.P. Lieutenant47 aka James Stouffer

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Last edited by a moderator:
Shit, has it really been that long since we saw the Lieutenant? He had some insane stories to tell.

Shit, has it really been that long since we saw the Lieutenant? He had some insane stories to tell.

I PM'd him jut after posting the above. No reply as yet. Hope he's OK and in good health and just busy or something. He didn't strike me as the ragequit type.

Anyone know what happened to the most interesting man...............

.....in the world?

Lieutenant 47 last activity May 21st.

So I sent a PM and received the following:

Lieutenant47 said:
MWF said:
Suddenly realised I haven't seen much of you here of late. You OK?
sorry, but James passed away May 23rd after a sudden heart attack, out of the blue. Obit at newsgazette.com from Champaign Il -- date of obit was 6/2 I think, James Stouffer. I am sometimes sitting at his computer trying to feel connected to him. He had a facebook account too

:cry:

Fare thee well, Lieutenant, I wish you calm seas and favourable winds.

He will be missed...
His obituary said:
James naturally became fluent in Italian and during his time in Italy had many adventures, including driving his Fiat off a mountain road and onto the top of an olive tree in the Italian countryside (by accident, of course).
By accident, of course.

:cry:

wasn't expecting to hear this news. R.I.P Lieutenant /salute

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning...

RIP Lieutenant

Well, that's pretty sad :( RIP Lieutenant.

Is this the first death of the active member that we know about? I was some time wondering, with a forum as big and as old as this one, just statistically speaking some of the active members must have passed away. Hard to notice such an event, since so many just stop visiting the forum. Just took a look through first couple of pages in the members list sorted by post count, less than half seems active anymore...

Wait, what?
That?s crazy!

Is this the first death of the active member that we know about?

i think it is, certainly the first that i've been aware of. Maybe the mods could do something, like change everyone's avatar to his for the day or something.