R.I.P. Lieutenant47 aka James Stouffer

I am full of sad now :(

Very sad news. May he rest in peace. :(

Its sort of weird thinking about old forum accounts and social network pages belonging to those who have passed away just sitting there on the internet unused.

Wouw....was not expecting that coming on here today....

R.I.P lieutenant, the world just got a little more bland.

Why do all the great people have to leave us?

RIP Lieutenant, you'll be greatly missed.

Eternal Father, strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
Who biddest the mighty ocean deep
Its own appointed limits keep;
Oh, hear us when we cry to Thee,
For those in peril on the sea!

Fair winds and following seas, Lieutenant.

Such great stories were told on here by him but not nearly enough. Hopefully the family are more at peace by now since his death. Either way we can be happy that he had a very full life, even if it lasted just 63 years. :) You will be sadly missed, Lieutenant.

Such sad news. I figured he might have taken a tour of places he'd been stationed while in the service or something like that.

I will report jedd's suggestion with the addition that three days would be appropriate.

And I hereby propose that hereafter May 23 will be known as The Lieutenant's Day on Final Gear.

Last edited:
Not being flippant, since I am touch typing this as I can't see for tears. Got the news first thing and had to throw myself into work today to keep it in the back of my mind.

Lieutenant, if they have the facility to lurk wherever your soul now resides I hope you can read this. I have no doubt you are now the most interesting man in the afterlife.

I wish I'd had the chance to know him :(

Search on his name and browse some of his posts. It's worth it.

At least a part of him will live on as long as FG exists.

Search on his name and browse some of his posts. It's worth it.

At least a part of him will live on as long as FG exists.

I have done, and yes, it was/will be worth it. It's just a shame I can't reply to any and be involved in a conversation, that's all.

:cry: Godspeed, good sir.

I really hope someone can go through his posts and compile all of his best stories. I know I haven't ventured in the NSFW section too often, but I know he did.

Ah crap!

Such sad news about the "Leutentant".

The News-Gazette (Obituary) said:

He was an artist, writer, aviator, world observer, philosopher, entrepreneur, a wonderful singer, and a keeper of secrets. He had a great sense of humor; heaven was a cup of black coffee and his pipe while listening to and telling good stories. He loved his home, his family and his work, and was keenly interested in history and world events.

A really interesting guy, who will be missed here at FG.

Such sad news. I figured he might have taken a tour of places he'd been stationed while in the service or something like that.

I will report jedd's suggestion with the addition that three days would be appropriate.

And I hereby propose that hereafter May 23 will be known as The Lieutenant's Day on Final Gear.

That sounds like a good idea and thank you for finding this out, even if it is such sad news.

:(

Not being flippant, since I am touch typing this as I can't see for tears. Got the news first thing and had to throw myself into work today to keep it in the back of my mind.

Lieutenant, if they have the facility to lurk wherever your soul now resides I hope you can read this. I have no doubt you are now the most interesting man in the afterlife.

I was just hoping that he has some awesome internet facility up in the multiverse. I apologize for changing my tone and sounding flippant as well, but I hope he knows how much we miss him :(

Lieutenant! If you can read this you are quantum tunneling too closely! :p

He is missed, he definitely rivaled the most interesting man in the world. May your soul stay as awesome as you are and may he rest in peace.

A Few of the ones i could find. i had to spoiler some of them because they do come from the NSFW section of the forum.

I'll have a Guinness and an Irish at Carmon's in your honor, so you can be there in spirit. We go there every year for live Irish music, corned beef, cabbage and potatoes.

Q: What's an Irish Seven-course meal?
A: A six-pack and a potato. :)

Dated a girl back in the late 70's who was, besides being a bit kinky, an artist. She had a thing going whereby she would collect genital plaster casts of everyone she bedded... ostensibly for some future sculpture exhibit. She had quite a collection. Most were flaccid, but a fair number she managed to get at least semi-erect and a few "standing tall and proud" as it were.
..... before you ask; yes... and yes.

No, at least not that I know of, though she may have gone on to greater fame and fortune after I knew her. I didn't keep track of her, nor could I even remember her name with surety after all these years. She was an art student and just local university talent at the time.

[afterthought]It would be a kick though if she was. Imagine a cast of my privates right up there with all those rock stars! LOL[/afterthought]
Messing with someone elses girl is like shoplifting. You want the candy, it's not yours, it belongs to someone else, it's wrong, it's risky, you may get caught, it may not taste as good as you think.