R.I.P. Lieutenant47 aka James Stouffer

Can SOMEONE Mod-powered please change my avatar to LP's RIP one? I have spent the last half hour and if I carry on I will probably launch my laptop straight through a 42" LCD TV, neither of which I could really afford right now?

Thanks

Dammit, I saw his avatar in here and got all excited for a second. :cry:

A Few of the ones i could find. i had to spoiler some of them because they do come from the NSFW section of the forum.

I had forgotten about the "Cynthia Plaster Caster" story - she was from Chicago, so it may well have been her.

Thanks, Jedd, for sharing some of the LT's wisdom and letting the newbies get to know him.

Too often I don't get to know really cool people until it's too late. I'm glad I got to know the Lieutenant before he left us.

He was a man, take him for all in all,
I shall not look upon his like again.

Last edited:
RIP :(

Godspeed, LT.

He sure lived his life to the full and I'm forever grateful for those amazing stories and everything else he brought to this little forum of ours.

Rest in peace.

Reactions: MWF
He will be missed, great stories were told. Rest in peace Lieutenant47.

Can SOMEONE Mod-powered please change my avatar to LP's RIP one? I have spent the last half hour and if I carry on I will probably launch my laptop straight through a 42" LCD TV, neither of which I could really afford right now?

Thanks

Save the pic and go here http://forums.finalgear.com/profile.php?do=editavatar . Go for option 2.

I did that and I keep getting some incorrect file extension bullshit! :livid:*

*Because :mad: just wasn't enough.

https://pic.armedcats.net/l/lu/lurkerpatrol/2011/08/03/1312398684822_7faad.jpg

I saved this one and it worked. If not, Viper and Aduphanel are online, PM one of them.

Last edited:
RIP Lieutenant. I never really followed his posts but a loss of a member is sad.

Fare thee well, Lieutenant, I wish you calm seas and favourable winds.

I never shared any thoughts with this gentleman, but from what I've read, he seems to have been a fine soul. Since I'm Finnish, and Finns are incapable of portraying any sort of feeling, here's a youtube-link. There's somehow been a lot of death in the last few weeks, so this is a tad of respect to not only Lieutenant47, but all of them losts.

I apologize for the crude translation, it's really only to get the point across to the English speaking public.

We can not know
Why he looked astray
What sort of force pulled him
Into the approaching light array
Beneath the lorry
Drowns his final cry
Yet the boy knows nothing
Sleeping at night

The door leaves an open
It awaits for a return
A gust of wind
blows out the candles
The boy wakes up
shaken by the cold
Didn't know the candles
held a story to be told

So dad is gone now
the boy he understands how
that he can nevermore
No advice to give
Or help with the burden of life
again, nevermore

If I could that one last moment
somehow bring back those precious times
To thank him or just say goodbye?
How not to waste that precious time
But no more may he see the
boy his father departed
All that marked the courtyard were footsteps
Just like imprints of us in each other

2z7oo06.gif

Last edited:
Ah shit. :(

I think I'm going to split this off into it's own thread so it's not lost in this long thread. I only learned about it because I couldn't figure out why so many people had that avatar and had to ask on IRC.

I finally get some time off and THIS is what I get :(

'tis a very sad day in FG's history. Lieutenant, you will be missed

May he rest in peace and may his soul go to heaven.

..Didn't a discussion about this topic surface a while back? R.I.P. Lieutenant. :(

Not too long ago, it ended with the conclusion that if someone dies, the forums he used to frequent find out eventually.

Last edited:
Ah shit. :(

I think I'm going to split this off into it's own thread so it's not lost in this long thread. I only learned about it because I couldn't figure out why so many people had that avatar and had to ask on IRC.

Good plan.