R.I.P. Lieutenant47 aka James Stouffer

Rest in peace. :(

Can't say I knew him very well, but R.I.P all the same. :(

RIP

:( Such a nice dude. At least the obit lives up to his "most interesting man in the world" nickname here. He'll be missed. RIP.

At least the obit lives up to his "most interesting man in the world" nickname here.

My thoughts exactly. His stories always made you smile, sad to see him gone.

RIP Lieutenant47

For some reason, though I read only some short post from him, I can't stop thinking this song suits well here, out of what I perceive to be a similar apporach to life.

Georges Brassens: Supplique pour ?tre enterr? ? la plage de S?te (Plea to be buried on the beach at S?te)

Here for an english translation and explications of difficult parts.

Last edited:
I didn't know him that well either, but i've browsed through some old threads and my God, was i blown away by these stories.
The world has really lost another great man, R.I.P.

Just read a few of his posts on here. I wasn't very active while he was around but he certainly lives up to the 'most interesting man in the world' tag. He lived a good life... rest in peace.

A very sad thing to hear. While not having had much personal discussions with him, even I could tell that he was a very caring person who?d actually listen to what you?d have to say. One of the few people who try to see the other person behind what?s written rather than just ranting about what he thinks. At least that?s the feeling I got. I will miss him.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

What a shock and surprise of the worst kind to hop on the forums like any other day and then read this news. :cry: He'd gone for a while without posting before so I'd just assumed he was off being badass as usual.

The world and these forums will definitely be more boring and less awesome with him gone. My thoughts are with his family and friends, the sudden death of someone close to you is pretty much the worst thing to have happen. He seemed like a genuinely great and interesting guy, wished I could have met him in person. I'm glad I at least knew him on these forums.

Rest in Peace, Lieutenant. 'Till next time.

I'm gutted. The other day I couldn't believe it when I saw a few members using Lieutenant47's avatar with "R.I.P." written on it, and now he's no longer with us. It gives me such an odd feeling that I cannot express it in words or sentences. Even though I didn't know him personally, he was, after all, a part of this forum, just like everyone else is. May he R.I.P.

R.I.P. Didn't know him, since I joined after his last activity, but it is always sad to hear of something like this.