R.I.P. Lieutenant47 aka James Stouffer

If anyone is interested to read why he earned the title of the 'most interesting man in the world' then read this post in the NSFW section. It sums him up better than any of us could.

Oh fuck no.. :(

I used to love reading his posts, i wish i'd have spoken to him more.

R.I.P Sir, you led one hell of a life. God himself is probably sitting in awe of the stories you have to tell.

He was definitely the most intereseting man on this forum. Really wish I could have sat down with him in a pub, have a few beers and listen to his stories.

Rest in peace old man

That's sad to hear. I enjoyed reading his stories and anecdotes. He definitely was the most interesting man in the world.

RIP Lieutenant. :(

You had
A Contagious Smile
When You Laughed
We'd Stay To Listen
For A While
How Should We've Known
That The Tide Would Turn
Now All What's Left
Is A Teariness That Burns
Like All The Masterminds
Insane
You Were The King Of The Mad
Always
A Joke
Or Citation At Hand

Memories Like These Will Never Fade
Immortal
Is Your Nature
You Ain't Forgotten
You Ain't Dead
Cause Legends Live
Forever
And Though I Never Knew You Well
My Heart Is Bleeding
Theres Only One Thing I Can Tell You
Inside Us You Keep On Living

R.I.P. Lieutenant47 aka James Stouffer

Aw, crap. :(

R.I.P Lieutenant.

R.I.P. Lieutenant, I'll mis his crazy stories :( he was an awesome man!

May you rest in peace Lieutenant. You were a cool cat - you'll be missed for sure. :(

RIP, Lieutenant47. Your title was well deserved.

Unfortunately I never got to know Lieutenant47. However, his posts I've read were all ways highly entertaining.

RIP Lieutenant you will be greatly missed.:(

OK so here's a thought. While none of us has his depth or longevity of life experience it was his tales of old that truly enthralled us.

In his memory why not take a day or two to think back to the most amazing thing that has ever happened in your life and then share it here? Be totally honest with yourself and all your fellow FGers. Why?

Because most of us who enjoyed his anecdotes came to the conclusion that he was truly badass. If we are all honest we can compare our lives thus far and perhaps use his as an inspiration to work that bit longer, aim that bit higher, try that bit harder, push that bit further and on the whole live our lives just that bit closer to the edge. Don't dive in with the first thing that comes to mind. Give it some proper thought like he would have done.

That way we'll all be able to enthrall the grandkids and hopefully inspire the Final Gear member of 2032* and beyond!

*I'll be 63 by then. It seemed appropriate.

May he rest in peace!

I enjoyed his posts and stories in the aviation thread.

RIP Lieutenant.

The LT was one of only a few members who has posted more than 100 times in the Aviation Thread.

This post, I think, was his last entry in the Aviation Thread shortly before he passed.

Ahhh... the Cherokee. I have some fond memories of flying that bird. Yeah, not as sleek as the Arrow, and definitely a lot slower, but it was a good handling bird and quite forgiving. The Cherokee was also the bird of one of my object lessons in the "You think you're hot shit until something happens to give you your biennial humility shot" category.

I had flown down to a private airstrip with my Dad, a retired UAL 727 Captain, B-17 Pilot in WWII, with more hours in the air than I'd been alive practically. He had been retired for some years, had let his medical lapse and was no longer actively flying since he sold his last airplane (a Tri-Pacer). Anyway, we visited with some of his friends down there and since the Cherokee was certified Day-VFR only, got ready to leave later that afternoon.

Get in, strap in, go through the checklist, start the engine. Lo and behold the engine is running rough. Rougher with a little more throttle and better at idle, but still a bit rough.

I'm thinking, "Crap, here we are out in the boonies, no A&E for miles around, with late afternoon sun fast going down in a Day-VFR only airplane." I tell my Dad, "Looks like we might have to stay here overnight and call a mech to come down tomorrow." He looks at me kinda funny for a couple seconds and with an impassive face worthy of a real Cherokee, says, "Push in the primer and lock it."

Primer had been pushed in, but I hadn't locked it and just the pressure in the line had caused it to come out a bit. Once I pushed it in and locked it, the engine instantly smoothed out and ran perfectly.

On climb-out, I'm still feeling a little sheepish when my Dad's voice came over the intercom. "Bet you won't make that mistake again."

He was right.

:(

I don't know what to say. I enjoyed the Lieutenant's stories and the banter back and forth with him. He completely deserved his most interesting main in the world title.

RIP James

Fair winds, clear skies and blue seas on your journey.

I never conversed with the guy, but I loved reading his stories. His obituary shows what a very special man he was, and there aren't many like him around. Respect.