"Rabbit ears" antenna to Digital set top box ?

stevanford1

Car(s)
FN Mustang
At the moment i have a "rabbit ears" antenna and i was wondering if i could use a digital set top box without having a connection to a roof mounted antenna ?

All I can tell you is that there is no specific rabbit ears for digital or high definition, it's all the same.

But I'm not sure how much luck you'll have with it... I tried a pair of rabbit ears to pick up free-to-air HD channels here and it didn't pick anything up, but then again it didn't even pick up regular channels. So it might work for you if you already get normal TV through them... if these don't work no other indoor antenna will either.

I can only have rabbit ears in one room and it works perfectly with a STB. As long as you can get a signal and you might have to play around with antenna to get a better signal if your in a bad area.

Rabbit ears work fine, but antennas designed for ATSC (aka DTV) will work better usually, especially due to the cliff effect (all or nothing basically for digital).

So if i connect the "rabbit ears" antenna to the set top box it should work ?

Depends entirely on how far are you from the transmitter. I'm only few kilometers away myself, and I can get a signal on a spoon probably.

Also the length is quite critical, for UHF you need a total length (both "ears") in the region of 50-60cm

I had to buy a new DVB aerial for my free view to work upstairs and I am in quite a strong reception area, suck it and see. ...