Race of Champions

the stadium maybe big, but what you could also see was that they significantly lowered the prices in the last week (or maybe sooner than that). when i checked the weekend before the actual event you could get seats for ~25gbp (close to 40e). and top end cards weren't that much more expensive either. you had to look around a bit. one of the two official sales sites had only very few seats left, while the other seemed to have boatloads. and judging by the tv coverage they didn't sell all too many after all. which is a shame.
i would have loved to go, but realized too late when this event (and where) it would be held. so i missed the chance of getting cheap plane tickets (and of course bungled any hope for getting an affordable room as well).

but then again i was kinda disappointed with the show itself. i think i don't like these indoor roc's. the one on that island always rocked way more...

and on shuey losing. well, he's a fellow countryman, yet i never liked him as a driver and all, but as someone else said, they should have done the last race in 3 different sets of cars. i don't know why they didn't. anyway, he lost which is cool with me.

question.. has loeb ever participated in a roc event? and why couldn't he be bovvered to attend this one?

He has. He has won it twice I believe, and pretty much dominates every time he enters.

In 2006 he didn't lose a race in Nations Cup or RoC until getting beaten in the final by Ekstrom.

Surely seeing as Ekstrom has beaten Loeb in 06 and Schumacher in 07......he is the best driver in the world??

Also did Sky Sports cover the entire RoC?? Just want to know if it is worth downloading another version.

In 2006 Eurosport did the entire RoC from opening rounds to final. This time they started in the Semis I think. Was a bit disappointing.

I don't think Ekstr?m is the best driver in one singel "class", but he might be the most versatile! He started in rallying and then converted to trackracing. And he still knows how to drive a rallycar..

I don't think Ekstr?m is the best driver in one singel "class", but he might be the most versatile! He started in rallying and then converted to trackracing. And he still knows how to drive a rallycar..

If Audi make a sudden and surprise switch from endurance racing to F1 any time soon, then I'm sure that Ekstrom will be one of their drivers.

I wanted to watch it tomorrow on Speed, but just found out it's not on anymore. SpeedTV sux!

I already got the result from the spoiler, but want to see it anyway. Where did you get the Torrent for Eurosport and Sky Sports??

thx

If Audi make a sudden and surprise switch from endurance racing to F1 any time soon, then I'm sure that Ekstrom will be one of their drivers.

According to swedish media, Ekstr?m is thinking Nascar...

...and another rising talent stupidly chooses the path of obscurity :)

^Hopefully it's all BS. But I Think he needs to move away from DTM...

...and another rising talent stupidly chooses the path of obscurity :)

Path of obscurity? Nascar is anything but obscure. Nascar is the only place where you can make F1 type of money, have your names in the headlines of the newspapers, without actually being in F1. It's hugely popular in the states, and that's why all the top level guys like Montoya, Villeneuve, Speed have taken that option. Heck, even Coulthard, a guy who has been in F1 for closing in on two decades, said he would consider Nascar. So perhaps they aren't the one's who are stupid?

and that's why all the top level guys like Montoya, Villeneuve, Speed have taken that option. Heck, even Coulthard, a guy who has been in F1 for closing in on two decades, said he would consider Nascar.

You'll find they didn't/won't (Coultard) have much choice, F1 no longer wanted them...

You'll find they didn't/won't (Coultard) have much choice, F1 no longer wanted them...

Thus the point....If they can no longer race in F1, where else can they race at a level where they can make millions and stay in the public eye?

However.. Mattias Ektr?m is more likely to go to WRC than Nascar.. I've read a few interviews with him..

Anyone else notice that there were passengers in some of the cars along with the driver? Did they win that chance to ride shotgun at an auction or something?