Race Spectator

FireFox

Not the Browser
Car(s)
Ford Fiesta (2008), sold Toyota Carina II.
I've made a program that allows you to follow a live Live For Speed race without being connected to the host. You don't have to have an LFS S1,S2 licence. Everybody can spectate any server. (The serverlist that you can request are not all the lfs servers. These servers are connected to an LFS relay server.)
In version 0.2 I've split the information over several windows.
From racer information, speed, best splittimes, best laptime, how many laps, did he pit?, Did he refuel?, Got any damage?
You can read all the messages on the server too in the chatlog. When a racer has a yellow or blue flag, the flag will appear infront of the racers nickname.
For some special races i've implemented a team tracking feature. In races like MoE (Master of Endurance) a team of 3 or 4 racers are racing 12h or 24h. Race Spectator will count the laps of each racer and add those to the 'team total laps'.

With this program you can watch our Finalgear LFS Server. :)

Download here

Enough explaining, download and use it :) Screenshot of the main window:
mainwindow1.jpg

More screenshots and the manual

Last edited:
:thumbsup: got to try this out sometime

Wow, that's badass. You rock!

That is really cool man, must have taken a ton of time. nice job :D

Where's my credit sweetie :)?

Geez, you help the guy out and he takes all the credit :p.

Good job Henry as usual. A lot of people seem to like it and I do use it fairly often these days.

oh how could I forget it. Thanks again for the multiple tests. Also to burnsy for making the manual + (Vista)screenshots.
Jeffy: A few weeks :) Had a few problems with the driver swaps. Another great thing is a 3D track file.
I've managed to create and render the 3D environment in just 2 days:
attachment.php

Next step is placing the moving cars in the 3D environment. :) that would be very very cool :)

The great thing is I came into this forum to see if there was some way to be a spectator. I'm terrible at the game but I might be interested in seeing some of you guys go 'round from time to time.

Seeing as you have a license, you can come directly to the server and spectate there.
Then you'll see there's nothing scary about racing with us ;)

This thing is great, now that i don't have pc that doens't really have 3d-card.
i can watch your thight games with it.

edit. PS. if you wan't i could help with a mirror site, pm me if you wan't.

Last edited:
i'm glad you like it. :) And hosting is not a problem, its hosted here at FG :)
The screenshot of the 3D was quick and dirty programming. I need to rewrite it to make it more understandable for me :) Vectors/Matrices/3D/Camera points ect.
So its gonna take a while :p

i have a problem running it.

i downloaded it (using firefox) to desktop.
unpacked it with winrar.
and then open the folder, clicked RaceSpectator.exe and then...

in finnish first, because im using finnish WinXpPro
Code:
Sovelluksen alustus ep?onnistui (0xC0000135). 
Lopeta sovellus valitsemalla ok

Now translated into English (i'm not so good at translating something like this)
Code:
Application initialization failured (0xC0000135). 
End program pressing ok

I tried download it using ie to other hd, and got still the same error.

Do i need a lfs installed into the pc (i got it usb-Hd, not installed).

I get the same. My guess is that you need .NET framework to run it, and I haven't got around installing it yet after system rebuild.

EDIT: Yeah, that seems to be the reason. Install .NET and it will work.

MXM got it right. You need .Net framework to run this program.

yes it helped thanks :)

[YOUTUBE]nNZ6mEw1e5c[/YOUTUBE]
Yeah baby! 8)
I know the 3D model looks all wierd, but its a start :) (Had some problems finding the mesh in the big 3D world. After some scaling, translating and rotating i got a visual! Burnsy is going to remove the reflecting plane, include some textures.
Things todo: Create an array of 32 places for the meshes, And add those at the startgrid :) (with the right size,textures) ect.

Last edited:
it really looks fantastic, i always wondered if you were planning to create models to run on the spectator :)

I couldnt resist to create a Java applet version of Race Spectator:
https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/09/JavaRS.jpghttps://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/09/javaRS2.jpg
This applet can be embedded in to a webpage, and let their visitors follow an LFS race :)

I couldnt resist to create a Java applet version of Race Spectator:
https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/09/JavaRS.jpghttps://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/09/javaRS2.jpg
This applet can be embedded in to a webpage, and let their visitors follow an LFS race :)

Perhaps a fancy php version with ajax :D