Race tracks at Google street view

settler

Car(s)
VW Corrado VR6
Yesterday there was update of Google's street view and among new areas they made pictures of two race tracks in California:

Laguna Seca
Thunderhill Raceway

I like the idea, hope there will be more and some from Europe too (maybe Nurburgring).

Awesome. I love Laguna Seca. its kinda fun how you can never catch those 3 cars ahead of the van. Clearly this was an ALMS race, probably in 2008. I work on the Emergency Services crew at Laguna Seca, so its kinda neat to see vehicles that I am familiar with. At turn 11, that yellow flatbed truck is just aweful. Is very slow, but the white tow trucks you see are pretty quick. I usually am either in the front of the flat bed or on the back of the tow truck. Its a blast.

That is so cool! I would love to see more of these done. Nurburgring would be awesome.

:lol: I would have loved to see a Googlemobile puttering around Laguna Seca.

Good fred my man, good fred.
Stop. Just stop. It's not going to be funny or "catch on", no matter how many times you say it.

It's odd to see Albert Park not as a racetrack, but as a regular stretch of road! It's sort of inconceivable that it would actually make a pretty decent street circuit, especially if you look at it through Street View. If it weren't for a few rumble strips on the side of the roads, one would never guess the sort of shenanigans that goes on around there once a year!

It's the only street circuit in the calendar, which IMHO, doesn't suck.