Random awesomness in celebration of 125 anniversary of the car

Lastsoul

Car(s)
MX5, 406 Coup?, 106 Rallye, Porsche 924, X300 Six
Car as we know it was invented 125 years ago in Mannheim, but because the guys responsible of the invention moved to Stuttgart and started to produce cars here, the city of Stuttgart is also celebrating the birthday. Today the biggest shopping street in the city was full of new family cars, but the more intresting selection was just couple of hundred meters away. There was some kind of competition, but all I know the selection of cars had much bigger variety than normally in this part of Germany ? so there was also something else than Porsches and Mercedes-Benzes.

small

SLS AMG E-Cell

small

911 GT3R Hybrid

small

Maserati Birdcage. I don't normally care about futuristic concepts, but that was gorgeous.

small

Selection of W111s coupes and cabriolets.

small

Modern radiator of this W111 coupe cought my eye. Yup, that's a AMG 5.5 V8. :shock:

small

Alpina 2002 ti

small

General view of the area. Also some Finnish car building was present in the form of 900 Cabriolet.

small

A bit more intresting type of open-air motoring.

small

Probably even more intresting way of open-air motoring. What the hell is this?

small

911 Sports Classic sure does look very good.

small

But it's no match for this very green RUF CTR3. Normally Porsches don't attract that much attention here, because basic 911s and Boxsters are just as common as S-classes, but the RUF was drawing so much attention I almost tought there's a naked lady inside. Or free beer.

small

Lancia Fulvia is always cute.

small

small

What's this? Something british perhaps?

small

Recognize the interior?

small

Autozam AZ-1 is pretty rare sight.

small

small

BMW should look at it's past when engineers were responsible of running the company. At least that would be epic way to go bankruptcy.

small

Here's a challenge. +1 to anybody who can identify this car.

small

Front view.

small

Citro?n Superawesome SM

small

DIY E32 Cabriolet.

small

Not so DIY 300SL Cabriolet

small

Usually when you chop the roof of a sedan you get very ugly car, but the DS Cabriolet is just gorgeous.

small

small

Another example of french lunacy.

small

small

Karmann Ghia running on Porsche wheels? Why not...

small

When it's powered by modified 993 RS engine making 321hp. German speaking members can read more from here

small

Early 911s look just extremely beautiful.

small

I'd guess that's a very early Porsche prototype. With numberplates :O

There was huge amount of people, so getting pictures from preferred ang with a bit longer focal lenghts was almost impossible :(

Yeah, first one you got right. But the second one is definately not a Cosmo :) There was a paper inside telling the specs, but I'm not gonna post it yet :p