Random F1 pictures

Topgearfanatic

is a Queen
Car(s)
2002 Audi A4 1.8t
Senna said that because he was disqualified from a race through Prost's meddling, now I can't remember what made Nando say that, but it probably wasn't as bad.

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
Senna said that because he was disqualified from a race through Prost's meddling, now I can't remember what made Nando say that, but it probably wasn't as bad.
Senna said when he was karting that was pure racing, so indirectly, F1 isn't. It was a comment made in an interview that had nothing to do with the Prost incident, which did indeed make him angry at the sport's politics. It still doesn't matter. What drivers say hot headedly has little to no influence on how well or bad they race.

Last edited:

Topgearfanatic

is a Queen
Car(s)
2002 Audi A4 1.8t
True, hot headedness is the worst time to catch a driver; Anthony Davidson at Le Mans last year calling out the Corvette he sent off line because he had just stepped out of the car and had a mic shoved in his face. The worse a driver says about his team, the sport, or another driver them more likely it has just happened. You have to take everything you hear aired on the TV with consideration of the driver only thinking "in the moment," they are only thinking about what is happening around them.

I must also be confusing interviews then.

rowd22

Car(s)
'83 Alfasud, '77 GTV
Browsing through a few F1 folders of mine - came across these.
Thought they might relate in some way to the flexi-wings in 2010/2011

The easy explanation is too low a ride height, but there could be something more to the pictures.. :think:

settler

Car(s)
VW Corrado VR6
IIRC there was no rule how high of the ground end plates have to be. Now there is some minimal value.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
is that an F1 car? or sth GP2, F3, ....?

it looks so...underdeveloped

SchumacherM

Car(s)
Fiat Stilo 1.8 16V
You have to remember that Monaco doesn't ban tobacco ads, F1 does...hence the flyer. I do miss the old days...a Ferrari with Marlboro, a Mclaren with West, Renault had Mild Seven, Lucky Strike for BAR...ah yes.