Random F1 pictures

IDK if you're trying to troll us Ferrari fans, but Alonso was the guy who ended our biggest winning streak ever. Do you think we're hardcore fans of him?
I'm not, that's for sure, but I respect the guy cos he beat MS twice, AFAIK fair and square. I also respect many other drivers who've raced for other teams, Senna, Hill, Hakkinen, some of my favorites.

But as was explained to you, the track at Korea was just finished being layed out and had petrochemicals floating around the surface of the water. It was not normal moisture ok? Hence why even someone with the skills of Lewis Hamilton got caught by surprise. He probably wouldn't have slided off in any other circuit like that.
I don't even remember who was leading when the safety car came out and stayed out for a year, but it would have been the same. But surely if it was Alonso, you think he called from his desk behind the wheel and asked for the safety car to come out otherwise Santander would not pay up?

I'm also guessing that Alonso almost winning the championship with a car that was underdevelopped comparing to the Red Bulls, a car a driver like Massa couldn't make work, is also a show of his lack of skills...
I don't like the guy, but he's damn quick that's for sure. Even Lewis says it

That's a lot of crap that's being spilled out of your mouth there.

Say what you want about his conduct outside the race (I'm not a big fan of the man either) but stick him in a race car and he's easily in the top 3 in the world today. Saying "Alonso is not a driver" is stupid at best, down right retarded the way you said it.

If you compare him against his team mates he's the most spoon fed driver on the grid.
The only time he's had competition from in side the team was at McLaren against a F1 newcomer...

What kind of a 2 time world champion looses to a F1 newcomer?
What kind of a driver shouts at his team boss and at the media "Make me number one driver!"?

Alonso is in reality pretty far down the list of good drivers. His entire F1 career is a testimony to how successful a driver can be if there's not competition from inside the team.

IDK if you're trying to troll us Ferrari fans, but Alonso was the guy who ended our biggest winning streak ever. Do you think we're hardcore fans of him?
I'm not, that's for sure, but I respect the guy cos he beat MS twice, AFAIK fair and square. I also respect many other drivers who've raced for other teams, Senna, Hill, Hakkinen, some of my favorites.

But as was explained to you, the track at Korea was just finished being layed out and had petrochemicals floating around the surface of the water. It was not normal moisture ok? Hence why even someone with the skills of Lewis Hamilton got caught by surprise. He probably wouldn't have slided off in any other circuit like that.
I don't even remember who was leading when the safety car came out and stayed out for a year, but it would have been the same. But surely if it was Alonso, you think he called from his desk behind the wheel and asked for the safety car to come out otherwise Santander would not pay up?

I'm also guessing that Alonso almost winning the championship with a car that was underdevelopped comparing to the Red Bulls, a car a driver like Massa couldn't make work, is also a show of his lack of skills...
I don't like the guy, but he's damn quick that's for sure. Even Lewis says it

Don't worry Team Orders are allowed this year.
If Ferrari can, they will whip Massa for all he's worth.

Last edited:
Alonso is in reality pretty far down the list of good drivers. His entire F1 career is a testimony to how successful a driver can be if there's not competition from inside the team.

Don't worry Team Orders are allowed this year.
If Ferrari can, they will whip Massa for all he's worth.

Yeah Massa was doing great before the team orders debacle right? coming in 15th, 11th, etc, he was a champion in the making!!
You're bashing Alonso for being spoon fed and supporting Hamilton, who never had to make his way through the lower rank teams like most drivers.

Anyway I'm done with this discussion, this is the F1 Pictures thread.

You're bashing Alonso for being spoon fed and supporting Hamilton, who never had to make his way through the lower rank teams like most drivers.

I know right, WTF. He thinks Alonso has been spoon fed, when Goldenboy was Ron Dennis's bitch since karting days, and had a race seat waiting for him at McLaren, for his debut. Whereas, Alonso had to start at Minardi, then be a test driver for Renault, work up to be a driver and then found success after two solid seasons. The idiot is trolling, no-one can be that retarded.

Hello, I just wanna say I registered here solely because of this thread.

Ages ago, someone asked for Henri Pescarolo pics. Well, I have this.

Pescarolo%20Brands%20Hatch%201974.jpg

More Pescarolo:

Pescarolo%20Monaco%201970.jpg

Moo.

G.%20Hill%20Spa%201968.jpg

Three world champions, one of them in an embryonic stage. They're at the moustachioed one's house, celebrating his win in the Indy 500.

http://img42.imageshack.**/img42/2500/4clark.jpg

Tony Trimmer in the 1973 RoC.

http://img96.imageshack.**/img96/6569/7367trimmerfx3cosroc01.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of a driver shouts at his team boss and at the media "Make me number one driver!"?

Senna, Schumacher, Mansell, Alonso, Piquet Sr, Hakkinen and even Prost...

want me to add more? or are they all shit drivers by your ridiculous standards?

Most/All great drivers will try and establish themselves as the #1 in the team, and DEMAND 100% support. It seems like you don't know enough about F1.

All great drivers are more motivated and focused when they claim the #1 status, and knowing that they have the team's full support. Drivers have no problem duking it out on the field, but they almost never preferred the internal rivalry route.

F1 has been, and always will be a team sport. Schumi demonstrated exactly why he is one of the cleverest drivers ever. It's wasn't luck that he didn't have any internal competitions. He created an environment where the team relies solely on the #1 driver, and that equally as impressive as overtaking other drives on the field.

It's called dedication. All top drivers will seek every little opportunities to get any form of advantages.

Last edited:
All great drivers are more motivated and focused when they claim the #1 status, and knowing that they have the team's full support. Drivers have no problem duking it out on the field, but they almost never preferred the internal rivalry route.

F1 has been, and always will be a team sport. Schumi demonstrated exactly why he is one of the cleverest drivers ever. It's wasn't luck that he didn't have any internal competitions. He created an environment where the team relies solely on the #1 driver, and that equally as impressive as overtaking other drives on the field.

And when you get two drivers wanting to be #1:

senna_prost_suzuka_1989.jpg

Not that the Senna-Prost duels were a bad thing, spectacular, I don't think you'd get away with it nowadays though. McLaren were too dominant in those years to let the titles escape even if their drivers were going at each other, while Vettel and Webber almost lose the driver's title cos of their differences.

Also worthy to point out Schumacher knew how to play #2 when it was required, as he did try to push Irvine for the championship when he obviously couldn't...

And when you get two drivers wanting to be #1:

senna_prost_suzuka_1989.jpg

Not that the Senna-Prost duels were a bad thing, spectacular, I don't think you'd get away with it nowadays though. McLaren were too dominant in those years to let the titles escape even if their drivers were going at each other, while Vettel and Webber almost lose the driver's title cos of their differences.

Also worthy to point out Schumacher knew how to play #2 when it was required, as he did try to push Irvine for the championship when he obviously couldn't...

Wow that picture really resembles hamilton/button. I mean I just realized hamilton = senna (seriously aggressive drivers) and prost = button (smooth and fluid). And don't forget the yellow helmet!

Senna, Schumacher, Mansell, Alonso, Piquet Sr, Hakkinen and even Prost...

want me to add more? or are they all shit drivers by your ridiculous standards?

Most/All great drivers will try and establish themselves as the #1 in the team, and DEMAND 100% support. It seems like you don't know enough about F1.

It's called dedication. All top drivers will seek every little opportunities to get any form of advantages.

How many of those have publicly said "F1 is not a sport"?

Cpt.J, he didn't say "It's not a sport" he said "it's no longer a sport", because of the politics, mindgames, money running everything instead of true racing, etc.
He's not by far the first to say F1 is too political. If you think so, go watch the new Senna movie, to see the greatest driver of all time actually walk out on a driver's briefing one year after F1 stopped being a sport (because Senna was declared out of the Japanese race making Prost the champion, thus not complying with the definition of sport - 'a winner can be defined by objective means.').

I also just want to remind you by saying Alonso is a bad driver you're disagreeing with pretty much everyone in F1, including the BBC commentators and Lewis Hamilton.

Last edited:
I have this friend in Scotland who owns a F1 trips business. Here is a pic by him (or by a customer of his, I don't know) of Loews in 2004:

Monaco%202004.jpg

Cpt.J, he didn't say "It's not a sport" he said "it's no longer a sport", because of the politics, mindgames, money running everything instead of true racing, etc.
He's not by far the first to say F1 is too political. If you think so, go watch the new Senna movie, to see the greatest driver of all time actually walk out on a driver's briefing one year after F1 stopped being a sport (because Senna was declared out of the Japanese race making Prost the champion, thus not complying with the definition of sport - 'a winner can be defined by objective means.').

I also just want to remind you by saying Alonso is a bad driver you're disagreeing with pretty much everyone in F1, including the BBC commentators and Lewis Hamilton.

And the most prominent example would be the 2013 engine changes. Costly and incredibly homosexual.

Great pics JCCyC, and welcome :)

So what people say is how you measure them as drivers? Hmmm :/

You're goddamn right I do.
When you look at how he acheived his success at Renault, add to it the fact that he lost to a F1 newcomer at McLaren and the never ending finger flipping and tears when he doesn't get his way. Yes.

I do not think Alonos is a good driver and when he publicly says "F1 is not a sport" his value and contribution to the sport drops to zero in my eyes.

You're goddamn right I do.
When you look at how he acheived his success at Renault, add to it the fact that he lost to a F1 newcomer at McLaren and the never ending finger flipping and tears when he doesn't get his way. Yes.

I do not think Alonos is a good driver and when he publicly says "F1 is not a sport" his value and contribution to the sport drops to zero in my eyes.

Senna said, directly and indirectly, "F1 is not pure racing, it's a lot about politics and money."
So is he also not a good driver?