Random F1 pictures

AqDWp9HCAAIAyx-.jpg

:|

This is what your average F1 driver looks like standing next to Yao Ming.

1334231591_extras_albumes_0.jpg

:wub::wub:

Do those people know they're sitting next to a F1 driver? :p

^if you did, would you address him?

i've been on several festivals that i find myself standing next to a singer of another band or sth, i never addressed them, they're there for their own entertainment, and you have nothing to contribute to their life, so let hem be...

^if you did, would you address him?

i've been on several festivals that i find myself standing next to a singer of another band or sth, i never addressed them, they're there for their own entertainment, and you have nothing to contribute to their life, so let hem be...

This.

At this year's Festival of Speed I was stood underneath the Lotus F1 central sculpture taking pictures when Ren? Arnoux walked past me, also staring up at the cars, and gave me a big smile and nod. Then when I was in the paddock looking at the Le Mans winning Audi, BTCC legend John Cleland came and stood next to me and was also simply admiring the car. They are there to not just to drive but also to have a good time, look at the cars and enjoy the atmosphere just like us and it didn't feel right to run up to them and tell them how brilliant they are and ask them for numerous autographs and photos etc outside of an official autograph session.

Granted, randomly bumping into an F1 driver on a train is a little different to seeing them at a motorsport event but I still wouldn't want to bother them, they get enough of gushing fans while at the track.

+1

Those people just need to be people in their free time too. Closest I came to a sports celebrity was a football player waiting for his friends outside a restaurant while I walked by. I gave him a nod and looked at what car he drove, that's all. :D

I wouldn't mean to ask for an autograph, but to say 'hi', how are you doing, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't mean to ask for an autograph, but to say 'hi', how are you doing, etc.

This. Saying "hi" and wishing good luck isn't anything bad. I think that looking without saying anything would be weird.

I know it's different situation, but couple weeks ago I had a codrive with Lucas Ordonez in Juke-R (one of many he had that day). The next day, when he was passing by and he was the one who said "hi". He's a great guy btw.