Random F1 videos

Christ almighty... Insane quality
[video=youtube;-MOz2maeUW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MOz2maeUW0&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

Dat understeer.

As the comments say, Brundle is amazing, commentating while doing the driving.

One of the most intense qualifying sessions ever.

Yet another interesting video i watched on James Allen's site.

I am not 100% sure but I believe I was begotten in the night of the Le Mans 24 hours 1969, in a small mudded tent besides the track and its roaring machines, when my father took a short break from his race photographer deployment - because I was born exactly 9 months later. In my childhood I was fascinated by the pictures when my father came home from his journeys, anyway living in a large museum at home with its photostudio, props and antiquities. As I grew up I stamped countless slides and helped to set up car shootings in the studio, and the race virus picked my nose. After studying marketing, we planned my step into his footprints and had the idea to restore the enormous asset of the classical slide archive consisting of his Formula 1 and sports cars pictures. Together we started to scan and restore the images and archived them digitally, making them available to the numerous demanding fans and editors, presently with more than 120,000 images online from then and now. When I think about it, there are so many good and horrible stories told within the photos, it is just stunning to browse through and again finding another yet undiscovered gem with a touching story behind it, filled with blood and joy, passion and fate? Peter Haubfleisch found some powerful images and fitted them together very sensually to accompaign his great chilling music!

Last edited:
Mugen/Dome F105i F1 prototype being tested in 1997 by Takuya Kurosawa in Motegi. The clip is from Best Motoring, I've seen the car competing against other Japanese racing machines in Best Motoring Champions Battles in a couple occasions but I can't find them anymore, I suppose they've been removed from YouTube. Might have them on my HD somewhere.

HKS 3.5 V12 F1 engine prototype being tested in a Lola F3000 chassis back in 1992:

[video=youtube;mItSS-h9Py4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mItSS-h9Py4[/video]

A1 Ring, Sauber, V10, oldschool. Smart.

A fight in Barcelona...RARE SHIT, THIS IS!

Nope, THIS is A1 Ring, what you're thinking about was called ?sterreichring and hosted the Formula One Austrian Grand Prix for 18 consecutive years, from 1970 to 1987.

What we have here is the shortened and improved version, which they called the A1 Ring. Nowadays it's called the Red Bull Ring....for obvious reasons.

Nope, THIS is A1 Ring, what you're thinking about was called ?sterreichring and hosted the Formula One Austrian Grand Prix for 18 consecutive years, from 1970 to 1987.

What we have here is the shortened and improved version, which they called the A1 Ring. Nowadays it's called the Red Bull Ring....for obvious reasons.

Red Bull Ring is simply the A1-Ring layout with new grandstands and pitlane facilities. And it may be an improvement on the ?sterreichring in terms of safety, but not in terms of layout, flow, average speed and general degree of awesome.