Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

We didn't get that Pulsar, and the Versa is the entry level Nissan in the US. It's literally the cheapest Nissan you can buy here; indeed, there's a special stripper version that is the cheapest new car in the US right now.

If you want a small Mercedes, get a W201. :p

Exactly. Mercedes should never have gone away from that standard of engineering.

And it's not like the W201s are going away any time soon.. unlike how quickly their 'replacements,' the W202s, have disappeared - at least over here.

Went to see the Chevy Orlando today at a Opel/Chevy dealer. I looks nice in person, the interior is way better than anything I expected, there's a lot of room in there and being ~?8K cheaper than an S-Max and similarly priced to the Mazda 5, it doesn't look like a bad deal. The only thing that worries me is that it's made by GM(even though one of my friends' Aveo is 3 years old with no problems whatsoever). Does anybody know where it's made?

Also, any ideas?
I'm thinking about getting one of those cheap USB interfaces to use on my dad's car to see what errors it might have[...]

Last edited:
Went to see the Chevy Orlando today at a Opel/Chevy dealer. I looks nice in person, the interior is way better than anything I expected, there's a lot of room in there and being ~?8K cheaper than an S-Max and similarly priced to the Mazda 5, it doesn't look like a bad deal. The only thing that worries me is that it's made by GM(even though one of my friends' Aveo is 3 years old with no problems whatsoever). Does anybody know where it's made?

Also, any ideas?

I would expect this of any car, not really count it as a plus point. It's also only one example, you don't see me going around praising Chrysler and Sebrings even though my old car was quite reliable :p

Does everyone feel the need to 'race' a modified import they see on the road?

Just noticed this recently. Usually drive my G35 that is mostly stock and no one pays any attention. Last couple days I've had my 2 240sx out (one Vert, one Coupe). Its like women in Minivans have to floor it when they are beside you. I didn't notice this occuring much at all a few years ago. When in my Vert (it's slow as hell) 2 different guys in trucks at different times had to prove they were faster than me from redlights/etc, without me even trying (shifting at 3k rpm or less).

Just annoying, though I sometimes get a little payback of annoying them when in my coupe (open dumptube from WG).

Yes, I'm bored at work as well.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Epos Terastios sounds like a disease to me :lol:

Probably still fitting for a chrysler minivan. "I have the Epos Terastios" "Oh, I am very sorry".

Yes
People who do it are self conscious about their power size.:blush:
You do discover who the most concerned are on the road. Last week a 350Z with techno music blaring thought he could just fly by everyone and go where he wanted.

thevictor and I were just talking about what the new Lancia Grand Voyager should've been called. Seeing as most Lancias seem to have greek letter names, I started throwing words into Google's English>Greek translator.

I came up with this.

Lancia Epos Terastios

Tell me that isn't a better name than Grand Voyager for this:
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2011/02/22/2012-Lancia-Grand-Voyager-495x347.gif

Yes, I'm aware I called it the 'Lancia Epic Huge'

They should have revived an old name. Introducing, the new Lancia MEGAGAMMA (must be in all caps, and you can only pronounce it by shouting).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancia_Megagamma

Such an epic name wasted on that POS.

MEGAGAMMA is actually an awesome name for a mini van, they should rename it that. :lol:

Not just over there, over here as well. Although most of our W201s also disappeared, they got shipped to Africa en masse and the (former) commie block later.

Dodgy Central European W201:s and W202:s are all here, and driven by everybody who is a bit pikey. For the last 10 years, everything with a Mercedes star has been greedily imported here.

Except for the A-class, of course. Even if I kinda like them.

original.jpg

what car is this? backyard project or production car?

Wow I suck at American muscle cars. :p It's a Buick Riviera.

2nd_Buick_Riviera.jpg

Someone stole a German's project car out of his garage, drove off, hit wall because summer tires and snow, left nice head marks on windscreen, cops ask hospitals, find two drunk 18 year olds who confess. Karma, bitches!