Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I find the new Infiniti M56S/Nissan Fuga strangely attractive...

800px-2011_Infiniti_M56S_1_--_06-16-2010.jpg

Last edited:
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/2212963435.html

It's a 2004 msm. it's titanium gray and in excellent condition. have reciepts for everything,, and i also have the dyno sheet, and 1/4 mile time slips for the car.
-prestinly taken care of. i also have the software for the hydra nemesis ecu.
-Has current inspection until may 2011.
-And the car is not for a first time driver, eperienced drivers only! family owned since new.
-has had mobil 1 10w30 extended performance engin oil in it since it had 7 miles on it.
-oil changed every 3500, trans fluid changed every 8,000, and rear diff changed every 8,000.
-trans changed with redline mt-90, and rear diff with royal purple 75w90 gear oil with friction modifiers.
-coolant flushed every 10,000. and all these services have been done at these intervals since brand new!

-car has alot of engine work done, i would like to start with the routine maintanance.
-water pump and jackson racing timing belt changed at 62,000 miles
-drivetrain was fully rebuilt from the pro's at FLYIN MIATA.
-so the drive train has less than 13,000 miles on it.
-upgraded turbo and engine management, and a fully built 6spd manual transmission built by quailfe.
-here are the performance upgrades as follows.

-fully built 2.0 stroker, H-beam rods, and forged 9:1 wesco pistons, billet main caps
-ARP main and head studs
-ATI super damper
-everything balanced
-FM valve springs
-5-angle valve job
-oversized nitrided stainless steel valves
-polished and unshrouded combustion chamber
-port abd polished head
-port matched intake manifold
-powercoated valve cover,,,,,,stroker engine cost me $11,495
-built 6spd trans, with an ACT 6-puck clutch rated at 500ft lbs, trans itself will handle 800rwhp with no problem, the fastest miata in existance has this transmission.
-10.3lb flywheel.
now for the turbo kit from FM.
-ceramic coated turbine housing, turbine outlet, and turbo manifold.
-has the big gt3071 turbo, has 750cc low impendence injectors, powered by the world famous hydra nemisis full engine management, and the car is already tuned, no need to worry.
-has full 3inch exhaust, all stainless steel.
-has the OS Giken super lock limited lip differential, $1,590.00
-braided stainless steel clutch hose.
-has the afco flyin miata suspension, handles better than any lotus exige.
-no rubber in the suspension anymore, all replaced with energy suspension poly bushings.
-big FM sway bars.
- engine redline is 9,250rpm's
-this car is no joke, and everything cost me over $35,000 dollars at flyin miata and have all reciepts and build photos.
-engine is bullet proof, and is currently running 32psig of boost.
-car made 542.17rwhp and 485.29ft lbs of torque, and mind you this was on a mustang dyno.
-car has never been abused and raced at 1/4 mile track 1 time, but with 3 passes, best pass was 9.23 @ 173mph.
- the 2009 dodge vipe acr i raced against was very mad, at the finish line i was more than 4 car lengths ahead of him.
-the car looks stock besides the wheels, and is the best example of a true sleeper.
-i mean experienced drivers only!!! this car weighs 2,395lbs with me in it. and can pull a 2005 suzuki busa easily.
-with slicks this cars 0-60 time is 2.1 seconds, faster than a bugatti veyron, ferrari enzo, saleen s7, and has a better 0-60 time than a brand new r-1 street bike (2.9)
-top speed of the car is unknown, but with the gearing and how strong the drivetrain is and being very aerodynamic, the car will go well over 200mph.
-and doing it in a miata!!!!!. i have been on forums, and have tried to get a race,,, and finally got one with a 700rwhp 2000 dodge viper turbo, and made him look like i was racing a ford probe gt=)
-call or txt me anytime to see the car, or tke you for a ride and show you how crazy fast this car is,,, no car on the road any where round here has a chance.
-just bought another miata and i am going to put a ls9 corvette zr1 engine in it, out of the new zr1 corvette. with a 3.0 blowzilla kenne bell super charger, (900rwhp)
-car should run mid 7's in the 1/4 mile

-txt me at 423-536-8021 anytime,, thanks for looking, and good luck..

:lol:

Ah car insuance, you say?
Currently, women aged 17 ? 25 pay less by about 50% in the UK.

From next year, not any more.

BBC News ? Insurance and pension costs hit by ECJ gender ruling

Yeah, I saw that. I once changed my gender on the online insurance thingy (well, several of them) and cried at the results.

On one hand I am glad, because I've always believed the statistics have fuck all to do with reality and that gender does not affect driving. It is an individual thing, and basing insurance on that basis is no better than judging on hair colour or if you are wearing a purple tie.
You try telling my mate who got knocked of his motorcycle by a woman in a 4x4 pulling out on him at point blank range that "women are better drivers", now he is in constant discomfort at 18 years of age and his leg is full of metal rods.
Or the guy who was rear ended while stopped at a red light by a woman in a 4x4, who promptly drove off leaving a considerable dent in the boot lid.
Or telling me, after a woman in a BWM pulled into a junction at highspeed without indicating or looking.
(Amusingly the BWM stereotype saved my being run over because I glanced behind me and just didn't trust her and sure enough she swung into the junction where I would have been walking a split second later)

I know it looks like I'm saying women are worse, but I'm not. I'm just saying you shouldn't generalise something like insurance on such a broad generalisation.

On the other hand I am pissed off because rather ironing it out equaliy women are going to pay a shit load more. Which will no doubt force women on a budget off the road.

(I still hate the fucking system, even when it benifits me!):lol:

/3am rant that nobody will read

I don't know. FM 2.0L stroker with all the boxes checked and a GT3071 running 32psi* should be making pretty crazy power. The same turbo on a stockish 4G63 made 360bhp at 23psi. Obviously not apples to apples but it is just possible he is making enough power to back up some of his claims though you are probably right and it is pretty much all bullshit.

*it has been a while since i read compressor maps but i am pretty sure the 3071 is still efficient at 32psi. I was totally wrong 32psi is stupid on a 3071

EDIT: just did some fiddling with THIS calculator and it looks like this kid is full of shit or he has no clue how much boost he is actually running he would be to be well into the realm of large frame ball bearing turbos to be even close to efficient at 32psi and 9250 redline.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that. I once changed my gender on the online insurance thingy (well, several of them) and cried at the results.

On one hand I am glad, because I've always believed the statistics have fuck all to do with reality and that gender does not affect driving. It is an individual thing, and basing insurance on that basis is no better than judging on hair colour or if you are wearing a purple tie.
You try telling my mate who got knocked of his motorcycle by a woman in a 4x4 pulling out on him at point blank range that "women are better drivers", now he is in constant discomfort at 18 years of age and his leg is full of metal rods.
Or the guy who was rear ended while stopped at a red light by a woman in a 4x4, who promptly drove off leaving a considerable dent in the boot lid.
Or telling me, after a woman in a BWM pulled into a junction at highspeed without indicating or looking.
(Amusingly the BWM stereotype saved my being run over because I glanced behind me and just didn't trust her and sure enough she swung into the junction where I would have been walking a split second later)

I know it looks like I'm saying women are worse, but I'm not. I'm just saying you shouldn't generalise something like insurance on such a broad generalisation.

On the other hand I am pissed off because rather ironing it out equaliy women are going to pay a shit load more. Which will no doubt force women on a budget off the road.

(I still hate the fucking system, even when it benifits me!):lol:

/3am rant that nobody will read

I read it. And like everything else dealing with inn-sewer-ants, it's based on statistics. And statistics say that women drivers crash less and cause less damage. Sadly, what those statistics don't tell you is WHY they crash less and cause less damage. Most probably because they just drive less, compared to men. Statistics without context can be dangerous. This is one of those examples. It's also the reason why in most countries they wanna know where you live, because according to statistics, in certain areas you're more likely to crash than others, and your car is more likely to get vandalized and/ or stolen.

I read it. And like everything else dealing with inn-sewer-ants, it's based on statistics. And statistics say that women drivers crash less and cause less damage. Sadly, what those statistics don't tell you is WHY they crash less and cause less damage. Most probably because they just drive less, compared to men. Statistics without context can be dangerous. This is one of those examples. It's also the reason why in most countries they wanna know where you live, because according to statistics, in certain areas you're more likely to crash than others, and your car is more likely to get vandalized and/ or stolen.

I've also heard that women are more likely to have a minor fender bender more often and not claim it on their insurance, where as men are more likely to have a larger accident, but less frequently.

I've also heard that women are more likely to have a minor fender bender more often and not claim it on their insurance, where as men are more likely to have a larger accident, but less frequently.

I'll totally believe that. Insurance goes up like $500 per at fault accident and obviously if you back into a light post while parking you are at fault. So leave the small dent or up your insurance by $500 a year for years. HMMM. Even when I had serious damage done to my hood while I was in a shop I didn't report it because hit and runs are also at fault and the surcharges are absurd.

Go big or go home :p

I'm going to the Geneva Auto Salon tomorrow, which is nice and all... but I'll finally get the chance to try an electric car: booked myself a 30mn test-drive of the Nissan Leaf. Let's see if those things really smells like future as the press says!

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/02/vws-bulli-van-concept-does-ipad-integration-right-shockingly/

NO NO NO! I'm as much of a techie as anyone but I hate this "bring your own tablet dock" circle-jerk that everyone in the tech world seems to want in cars. Give me a traditionally styled fucking radio and climate control system with nice large knobs and buttons, that look nicely integrated into the car's interior design. (which, because its a dock...no tablet centric center stack will EVER achieve) Also on my shit list: The standard "cell-phone" inspired radios that are on all Fiesta's and non "MyFord Touch" Foci. Such a usability nightmare...

It's a concept interior, little if none of it will come to production.

I agree with all of the complaints above. Fuck touch screen crap in cars, buttons ftmfw.

Also, you can't use an iPad with normal gloves.

I use my iPhone (same tech) with my motorcycle gloves on all the time. But then, they're made from dead cow, dead goat and dead kangaroo instead of dead dinosaur juice and dead naugas. I find that almost any real leather glove works just fine with capacitive touch screens.

Last edited:
Are you sure they are really made of leather? The only kind I've seen that don't seem to work well are the type with sueded outer surfaces, but those are a pain to keep clean or looking good; most people skip those.