Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Do you even need to go through WMM? Can you just upoad your source file directly to youtube?

I need to edit it, once I do it saves as a a .wlmp. The problem seems to be that YouTube is getting pissy about the audio for some reason. There is a lot out there on help forums about this problem but it all seems to be related to Vista and people copying the program from Vista to Win7. I can only guess that it's a codec problem, but I'll be damned if I can find a place to download new Windows Live Movie Maker codecs.

If I try to upload the edited file, which saves as a .wlmp without going through Windows Live Movie Maker then YouTube says it can't convert the video at all.

EDIT: Ok, I figured out how to convert the .wlmp file to a standard .wmv. I'm trying a manual upload to see if it works.

Last edited:
No good, I just checked the .wmv file and it doesn't have sound either. There's something fucked up with the Windows Live Move Maker that is killing the sound on the video and I can't find any settings to mess with thanks to the pretty new UI that has big shiny buttons that do fuck-all.

Fixed it! (Kudos to Redliner for helping me solve the problem and fuck you Windows Live Movie Maker, Quicktime is not supported if you kill the sound!)

I included a bit of speaking at the beginning so you have something for comparison. I had to go hide behind a supermarket because of the wind.

Holy crap, that sounds like a proper locomotive! :lol:
And glad to be of service. :mrgreen:

Odd...I've uploaded using Windows Live Movie Maker w/out issue! Glad to see you've got it sorted. :D And yes, your horn's are definitely attention grabbing! XD

I think the problem was that Windows Movie Maker was choking on the Quicktime codec for some reason. It was probably a system update that went out recently because I managed to go straight from Quicktime to Windows Movie Maker to YouTube for all my previous videos.

Redliner pointed me to a free program to convert the Quicktime file into a .wmv which then worked fine. All of this to save $34 by not purchasing Quicktime Player Pro.

Wow, thanks for going through such lengths just to oblige my request.

And yes, that is One Badass horn.Should go nicely with the Battering ram you're planning to install.

Before the bumper I want to do the suspension, that way the bumper can get in through the window instead of having to use the door.

*Video of Blind's new air horn*

What horn model is that?

While we're on the subject of air horns, at some point in the hopefully-not-too-distant future I want to strap a Nathan P3 to my car.

That should get everyone out of my way... :p

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't trade in my XT6 for a 1993 Legacy, that's FWD and still an Automatic..

Because a 1993 Legacy is nowhere near as awesome as an XT6 is a good starting point, I think.

I wish that was the case, but owning the thing from January 2010 till now.... No Air conditioning, no radio, wiper is now being optimistic and etc... Though if I had enough money, time, patience and knowledge, I would be more than happy to restore it to its former glory. But alas, I am slowly growing out of it..

Pop-up headlights.

</discussion>

On another note, how wrong is it for me to want a Porsche 912? For those of you who don't know it's esentially a first gen 911 but with the Engine from a Karmann Ghia.

Last edited:
Well, how much would you like to explain people at a filling station that it's not really a 911? :p

If i had to explain it, they must be ignorants.

A 912 is a classic, and i would like one to

Taken from Edmunds' Inside Line:

On the way out of town we found this women stuck on the side of the road. I stopped to inform her of her critical error. To which she replied, "How do you know it's rear-wheel drive?"

Odyssey-Ski-Trip-10-thumb-717x477-82081.jpg