Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Last edited:
600cc bikes make good engine donors for race-cars/go karts. Why? Because for every smart rider who buys one 5 more idiots will buy one and inevitably total it.
The OEM section of Bikebandit.com has good schematics for most bikes on the market.

For example heres a schematic for the engine of an '04 cbr600f4i

Those don't have detailed dimensions, which is what I think he was asking for. And yeah, sportbikes are the Mustang GT of the motorcycle world - the supermajority of them will end up wrapped around trees, poles, etc., etc. Which is why even for someone of my age, a CBR900RR still has a stupid insurance premium whereas the 919 costs exactly the same as my old 700 does - less than $100 a year.

Last edited:
That's so ridiculous it's so awesome! On another note, we need a 600cc motorcycle for our FSAE car(we're just looking now) but what would be a good bike for it. Not something new, we'll most likely go used because we don't have a budget. Also, any good drawings of 600cc engines(mounting points, etc.). My friends said you couldn't find those kind of schematics but they haven't heard of the power of FG.

Drawings of mount points are a PITA to find, you usually have to make your own as the ones found online are usually not accurate enough to jig a chassis for. We had to hand-model our CBR600F4i. If you're starting fresh, I'd lean towards the CBR600RR motor, we're switching to that one next year.

I've always thought it would be fun to convert an old hearse into a camper. Low miles, well cared for, roomy, lots of room to sleep and room for cabinets, stove, fridge and luggage, and if it has a slide out table it could easily be made into a picnic table.

I've always thought it would be fun to convert an old hearse into a camper. Low miles, well cared for, roomy, lots of room to sleep and room for cabinets, stove, fridge and luggage, and if it has a slide out table it could easily be made into a picnic table.

those must have the tamest engines ever, never having been past 2K rpm :lol:

tame doesn't mean powerless...

one of my friends mom for example, takes off, puts the car in 4th, and stays there until she has to stop again.
that engine refuses to go over 3k rpm, but you can drive 10kmh in fourth without any problems (at 300rpm or sth :lol:)

Good thing the consequences for the drivers involved weren't as horrific as they were for Tiemann. That crash has probably ended his career, he still has no sight in one eye to this day and doctors don't give him chances to recover from that. And his blog posts since the accident are really really bitter, understandably so.

did the aston driver get any consequences? that was one stupid move he made there!

Wow, talk about a testament to racing harnesses and other safety gear. His car goes end-over-end about a dozen times and the guy just walks away. In a normal car with a crash of that magnitude, he'd have been killed.

I went on the internet, and I found this.

[video=youtube;e_54-lwVcdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_54-lwVcdI[/video]

Just when I thought I'd seen it all :lol:

Last edited:
GM claims that, if 100,000 people comment on this Jalopnik article, they will bring back the El Camino. Jalopnik is calling their bluff.

DO IT. NOW.

DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obligatory ute-drifting picture:

photos_drift_ute_1024.jpg