Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I don't mind automatics, but for some cars it makes more sense to go manual. I assume you'd want to do more spirited driving rather than casual top down cruising.

Is it a bad thing that I really really want this right now?

In that color, with those tints, and those color seats. If only it came with the 4.2.

You really need to stop. I saw this sindrome with my dad an a Ford Aerostar, he kept on fixing it. I even once added all the repair bills and presented them to him, he still would't budge. I don't recall what made him finally tick and get rid of it, but it was so long after trully necessary he had gone through several thousands.
He sold it not running for next to nothing.

yeah i know. I really have to stop justifying fixing it and just look for something, i've been flippping through a us free magazine called "Cars By Dealers" for my local area and there's definitely stuff for 2 - 2,500k.

I'd love to go higher, but that's my budget and I need to save up for it first so I've got time.

@CrazyRussian540 - nope, not a bad thing at all. I was considering buying an Audi Allroad for when I move back to NH later this year. The only things that put me off were the premium fuel requirement and the cost of repairs and maintenance might be a little higher than what a man on unemployment could afford.

@BlaRo - it could be an automatic, but it could also be a typo. Unless there really is an "Andiver" MA. Either way, if you have the money now, it's a least worth a call.

I'm pretty sure there are allroads with V8s. I swear I saw one once.

There are. They're just really hard to fine since essentially everyone got the 2.7T. A quick search on craigslist found me this http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/2413770997.html. Now to find one in that shade of green.

EDIT: Nope, looks like there are only about 5 4.2 Allroads for sale in the whole country [on craigslist], and none of them are green. Found 12 more on AutoTrader, and again, no green.

@CrazyRussian540 - nope, not a bad thing at all. I was considering buying an Audi Allroad for when I move back to NH later this year. The only things that put me off were the premium fuel requirement and the cost of repairs and maintenance might be a little higher than what a man on unemployment could afford.

Way back when I had my '97 A6, I fed it regular even though it required premium. And I didn't notice any performance or mileage drop (not that there was any performance to start with, but still).

Last edited:
yeah i know. I really have to stop justifying fixing it and just look for something, i've been flippping through a us free magazine called "Cars By Dealers" for my local area and there's definitely stuff for 2 - 2,500k.

I'd love to go higher, but that's my budget and I need to save up for it first so I've got time.

There are a lot of good cars that can be bought for that price. My car could probably fetch 1-1.5k on the market and it is bulletproof(not literally narf). There are a lot of other cars that would fit your requirements aswell. Just do it.

Has anyone mentioned the MX-5 or Mercedes W-123 yet?

Just thought I would cover the two that are practically FG memes.

0606111419.jpg

Even numbers on the odometer. \o/ I swear, this has to be the only time I've ever noticed it before driving somewhere and ruining it.

The engine is good, but it's probably on the third electrical system. :p

Arghhhhhh!

I found the perfect car for me. The price is right and it's located in Boulder, CO. The bad news...I'm not moving to Boulder until early August. I have already emailed the guy to express my interest and told him if for some reason he hasn't sold it by then, I will gladly take it off his hands.

Of course, the car in question is this:
i-1.JPG

If only he could wait 2 months till I get there...

The engine is good, but it's probably on the third electrical system. :p

Actually, unless the guy who owned it before us replaced the electrics, it's still on its first electrical system. :p Apparently the Mexicans were awake the day they assembled my car.

Arghhhhhh!

I found the perfect car for me. The price is right and it's located in Boulder, CO. The bad news...I'm not moving to Boulder until early August. I have already emailed the guy to express my interest and told him if for some reason he hasn't sold it by then, I will gladly take it off his hands.

Of course, the car in question is this:
i-1.JPG

If only he could wait 2 months till I get there...

If there is anything I can do let me know. I am out of town for the next 5 days though.

Thanks for the offer, man! But I first have to wait to see his response. If he is a true Volvo fanatic like me, he might be willing to hold it for me for 2 months.