Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

It wasn't ready yesterday, so hopefully I'll take delivery on Monday. I insisted on a pretty rare combination of options so my dealer is having to trade another dealer.

Yeah, the three wheel drive Goldwing with 33" tires is a rare beast :p

Hope you don't get the run around from ye ol' stealership.

The Honda Goldwng has the merit of being the only currently in production bike I actually like (They don't make the BMW C1 anymore do they?). Mainly because it has all the stuff a car should have, and now you tell me there's one I can't topple over!

I need to reexamine my opnion about bikes

Go fast and it won't topple. :p

And then some idiot in a Datsun 210 Cab decides to switch lanes right in front of me :p

To annoy dad, when he calls me and I'm drivng I go "Sorry if I don't seem all that focused but some Asshole in a stolen DT175 is drivng like an idiot over here, as usual"
You'll never guess what was dad's favorite bike of the ones he's owned :p

Last edited:
Go fast and it won't topple. :p

The Honda Goldwng has the merit of being the only currently in production bike I actually like (They don't make the BMW C1 anymore do they?). Mainly because it has all the stuff a car should have, and now you tell me there's one I can't topple over!

I need to reexamine my opnion about bikes

There is also the Can-Am Spyder.

Sporting/base version:
09_Can-Am_Spyder_SE5_front.jpg

Touring version:
10_Can_Am_Spyder_RT-S.jpg

Been really busy of late with work and personal matters, but will be catching up as I can.

Last edited:
Is that pretty much the 500 you're getting? That's hawt mate! :cool:

In other news, I just found out my car insurance premium has gone up by $90 AUD this year, possibly thanks to all the natural disasters and property damage this country has dealt with recently...or something like that, I really have no idea, I'm just pissed off.

Fuckity tits shitballs! :blowup:

Going to look elsewhere to see if I can get a better deal, but I'm not too optimistic about it atm. :-(

Holy shit that is huge.

Indeed, cant help but wonder how maneuverable it is at low speeds. Still pretty cool though, congrats CrazyJeeper.

Awesome! The 500's on my "cars to consider when i can afford a brand new car" list :lol: such a great value, and stylish to boot.

In other news, I just found out my car insurance premium has gone up by $90 AUD this year, possibly thanks to all the natural disasters and property damage this country has dealt with recently...or something like that, I really have no idea, I'm just pissed off.

Fuckity tits shitballs! :blowup:
Going to look elsewhere to see if I can get a better deal, but I'm not too optimistic about it atm. :-(

I'm in the same boat and was shocked at how cheap insurance was for me....either i'm deluded or somethings up...probably the latter. Then again..my car's ancient and that plays a factor.

Indeed, cant help but wonder how maneuverable it is at low speeds. Still pretty cool though, congrats CrazyJeeper.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think that's what he actually got.

Today my mother had to move my car out of the drive while I was at work. She can't drive a manual. In the process of engaging reverse, she managed to remove the shift boot. That's the first thing that's come off on my 9 year old French car. Doing well.

I drove my mum's Ka a few times while the clutch on my Land Rover was being sorted and somehow I managed to pull the gear knob (which is attached to the rubber boot) off during every journey. I presume I've picked up a method of changing gear from the Land Rover and it just doesn't agree with the Ka's gearstick.

My mum hasn't driven the LR since her first and only drive, when she failed to turn the wheel, mounted the kerb, nearly hit a lamp-post and tried to put it in to reverse on the move. All totally normal things for someone who suddenly finds themself driving a 33 year old shed.

There is also the Can-Am Spyder.

Sporting/base version:
09_Can-Am_Spyder_SE5_front.jpg

Touring version:
10_Can_Am_Spyder_RT-S.jpg

Been really busy of late with work and personal matters, but will be catching up as I can.

I've ridden one of those and they suck big time.

Texas, friend of Specter.....you bought an Abrams tank didn't you?

Stop giving Rick help with his car related questions, as doing so will just allow him to keep it longer. If we all refuse to help him, he will be forced to seek professional help, which will cost him more money, which will make him finally get rid of the Failturn and buy a new car. That thing is like a drug and he just won't get rid of it until it is threatening to eat him out of house and home.

I just filled up my bike and the fuel station was swarmed with customers, mainly coming from the opposite direction. And after finishing my business there, 500 metres down the road I saw why: The next fuel station was 12 ct per litre more expensive. TWELVE CENTS. W...T...F?

You aren't missing something. Der Stig is just having a little fun because he knows that I will pawn his Ninja if he spill the beans :p

I'm guessing you bought a newer Goldwing.

sadness @ Noodle's place

turns out to pass technical inspection, my car needs new brake discs all around, new pads, an alignment, new exhaust, aswell as a big service

1200? go byebye.

well, it's been fun having money for food and mortgage payments, but what do I do now?

Do it yourself. Order parts from some internet store, I guess you can find discs and pads for less 250 euros from well-known manufacturers, exhaust for probably less than around 200 euros including installation, aligment can be done under 100 euros, sometimes way less than that. Then you only need to find out what the "big service" includes, but most of the regular servicing is also extremely easy to do yourself. So that should be around 550eur plus the service!