Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

cec7_3.JPG

I really, really, really want a mid-80s 911 Carrera with the 3.2 engine. How would they be as daily drivers?

^From what I've heard they are suprisingly reliable, but get used to engine noise. The clatter isn't as bad as its budget predecessor, but it is still noticeable. Not too much room for shopping or loading either, two-seater RR and tiny, aerodynamic front boot make for little space to put things, unless you have no friends and can use the left seat for storage :p.

I also love the old 911s- aircooled, great to drive, a bit before the whole accountants thing caught on and the looks are classic.

One drove by my workplace today and I loved how it sounded like an old motorcycle. It was white with Fuchs wheels, which really brings out the purity of the 911's shape.

Plus James May was right about the previous gen 911s escaping the realm of cockness and becoming genuinely cool cars. How many around us, especially at a college campus, are going to remember yuppie Gordon Gecko douchebags who drive mid-80s 911s with in-car phones?

And plus, it's an excuse to drink more beer.

I think it is entirely possible that manual tranmission E34 Tourings maybe the rarest fucking car in the US

Only 20? On the Dallas North Tollway the average speed is probably 75 and the limit is 55.

We can top that here. We go about 85 on 128 which is the same speed limit :lol:

someone needs to go and rip the vinyl off this car and put some original rims on it and punch that bathing ape guy who made it. some stupid arse decided to ruin a 300 SL

camo300SL%234-thumb-540x405.jpg

Last edited:
Could be a replica?

Not likely, it has all the correct chrome details, etc. Even the LHD gas cap (the sliver blob in the door-sill is on the right side and looks genuine.

Murdering needs to be done.

The guy has a pink Veyron, so he's got the funds to pay for a real 300SL.

So my dad's business partner who funds the business has bought this as a company car, albeit it's not for anyone to use...

DSC04020.jpg

Early 2002 Rolls Royce Silver Seraph
ONLY 8900 km
Previously owned by the right-hand man of Suharto
Nothing broken, only the flap to cover the stereo cannot be closed
Clean paint, no scratches or swirls or funny things, and the interior still smells new!

Cheers : D

We can top that here. We go about 85 on 128 which is the same speed limit :lol:

People would go faster on the DNT, except for the fact that much of it resembles the Trench Run scene from Star Wars. It's sub-surface, has tall faceted walls, no center/left shoulder, and a big Jersey barrier in the middle.

Most people don't go all *that* fast under those conditions. That said, at about 3 in the morning lots of people do speed runs on it when its empty.

someone needs to go and rip the vinyl off this car and put some original rims on it and punch that bathing ape guy who made it. some stupid arse decided to ruin a 300 SL

camo300SL%234-thumb-540x405.jpg

Holy fuck, that guy really does need to be killed or at least severely beaten. This is the same Asian dude who designs sneakers, correct?

I never say this when it comes to rich idiots ruining cars (e.g. Paris Hilton and pink Conti), but this one really made me fucking angry. I was always content because I figured these idiots at least didn't have the taste for classics, so they only ruin new cars by pimping them out.

Seems I was wrong... I'm seriously distressed now.

Edit: Has he put headrests in the car? :blink:

Has anyone turbocharged the 3E Toyota engines before? Is an intercooler necessary when you are turbocharging an engine? I really don't like having a car with only 82hp. It doesn't have to be super powerful. Anything that's over 100hp is frankly good enough for me.

Has anyone turbocharged the 3E Toyota engines before? Is an intercooler necessary when you are turbocharging an engine? I really don't like having a car with only 82hp. It doesn't have to be super powerful. Anything that's over 100hp is frankly good enough for me.

Buy a new car will be a faster and easier approach.

You don't need an intercooler, but it helps immensely. Colder air = denser air = more air = bigger bang.