Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

First car?

daewoo_nexia_a1240524630b2638669_orig.jpg

Except without the badass trunk spoiler. And we all know how that romance ended.

It was exactly because it lacked a trunk spoiler. Improves handling you know :)

On first cars...

Audi-A6_4B.jpg

Not my picture, but exactly the same car, color and shitty alloys that actually look like steels included.

Got a nice deal from a friend a few weeks before I had my license. Quite interesting getting first years of driving in something so big... I always wonder how most people apparently can't parallel park at all.

I still have my first car. :p

DSC02948.jpg

I've always been fully aware that it's far from "awesome", but it's a great little car. Easy to park, not deathly slow (actually quite nippy for what it is), and reliable. I'll have to admit that part of my enjoyment of it derives from it being louder than most cars because, well, it's a diesel.

I still have my first car. :p

DSC02948.jpg

I've always been fully aware that it's far from "awesome", but it's a great little car. Easy to park, not deathly slow (actually quite nippy for what it is), and reliable. I'll have to admit that part of my enjoyment of it derives from it being louder than most cars because, well, it's a diesel.

I actually think that's a great first car. Compact, if not super duper luxurious, it's a lot nicer inside than pretty much any other compact of the time, great gas mileage.

I actually think that's a great first car. Compact, if not super duper luxurious, it's a lot nicer inside than pretty much any other compact of the time, great gas mileage.

I just love that it has heated leather seats, a sunroof, and electric windows. :D

Old pictures:

Could have been worse. Could have been far better. But since it had roll-up windows, manual locks, and the 2.0 I4 from the Neon, it was at least fairly reliable. Though whoever thought a Neon engine in such a large car was a good idea needs to be shot.

Old pictures:

Could have been worse. Could have been far better. But since it had roll-up windows, manual locks, and the 2.0 I4 from the Neon, it was at least fairly reliable. Though whoever thought a Neon engine in such a large car was a good idea needs to be shot.

A chrysler with roll up windows and manual locks...so much for being a upscale brand! :lol:

My (first) car:

Absolutely love it, because turbo!
Totally fun last winter as well.

...I now have an irrational hatred for you all...

Since everyone is posting pics...BEHOLD THE TERRIBLENESS!
img_2045-3221.JPG

I am hesitant to call this thing a car...

- Dan

Oh I'm sorry, we're posting pics of our First cars.

I really need to get a proper Drivers license.

Here is a picture of my old car in the back and my new one up front.
http://img705.imageshack.**/img705/8513/dsc4207.jpg

Oh I'm sorry, we're posting pics of our First cars.

That IS my first car.

...first and current...I need to get rid of it.

That IS my first car.

...first and current...I need to get rid of it.

I think Gaasc may have posted his current car instead, hence the "oh sorry.."

Behold the mighty Fiesta of doom:

As you can clearly see, mine was the most awesome since I went on the N?rburgring with it.

Didn't we have this exact same discussion in the FT86 thread? :lol:
I like to be consistent :) I just LOVE the look of the SW20, the MR-S never really appealed to me, looks like a small boxy Porsche.

On first cars.
How do you guys count your first car, one you bought with your own money or one that was pretty much "yours"? I count the Century as my first because even though it was shared with parents they barely used it when I wanted to use it (night/evening/weekend) so I would pretty much drive it wherever/whenever I wanted. If we go by one I actually bought that would be the Audi and it indeed was awesome :)

Last edited:
How do you guys count your first car, one you bought with your own money or one that was pretty much "yours"? I count the Century as my first because even though it was shared with parents they barely used it when I wanted to use it (night/evening/weekend) so I would pretty much drive it wherever/whenever I wanted. If we go by one I actually bought that would be the Audi and it indeed was awesome :)
I'd say if your parents agreed it was mostly yours then it was yours. My dad hardly ever drives his Commodore and lets me use it whenever I need to, but I wouldn't call it mine.

...I now have an irrational hatred for you all...

Since everyone is posting pics...BEHOLD THE TERRIBLENESS!
img_2045-3221.JPG

I am hesitant to call this thing a car...

- Dan

I think I have you beat... 1992 VW Polo 1.0, 45 raging horses, 0-100kph in a mere 20.5s.