Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I wondered a similar thing last week - in the space of seven days, I saw three Maserati GranTurismos - one of which was first being driven around slowly, exhaust creating it's best woofley burble and crackley over-run, and later driven away on 3/4 throttle. Oh my.

There was one driving through Boston just yesterday. Tall buildings make for great echo chambers... I sensed it without really hearing it driving behind me barely on tickover, and then the light turned green. Spine tingling.

I live in India, and though I live in Mumbai which is the metropolitan city of India, One doesn't get to see any supercars before 1 o'clock at night(less traffic, not much crowd,quiet).
Today at around 4 o'clock when I went to Gelato(ice cream shop) & M.O.D.( Mad About Donuts- donut shop in Gelatos), I saw a bright red Porche 944(like in Clarkson thriller), a white Lamborghini Gallardo Superlegera and a red Ferrari 360.
It
was
BEAUTIFUL!! :thumbup:

There is a God!!!

Then I reached into my pocket to grab my cell phone to take pictures of this..
and its battery had died....

Yup,Lucifer exists too...

I placed an offer for $21500 online for a new G8GT. wish me luck.

:thumbsup: Good luck and great choice. If you don't get it, you should consider the Alfa Romeo 166 AutoDelta that was posted in the Best of eBay thread. Although taking care of it would probably be impossible (and I don't know the up to date price on it).

Last edited:
So, away went the B180CDI, and:

2h2glqf.jpg

It's here.

- Dashboard looks like it's made by Philips
- Stiff throttle pedal
- Has three clocks, within 10cm of each other
- Stereo jog dial is kind of handy
- Effortless cruiser that feels solid

So, away went the B180CDI, and:

2h2glqf.jpg

It's here.

- Dashboard looks like it's made by Philips
- Stiff throttle pedal
- Has three clocks, within 10cm of each other
- Stereo jog dial is kind of handy
- Effortless cruiser that feels solid

Why do you always end up with a diesel? :D :p

:lol: "Yes, el-oh-el-zed."

The sad truth: we don't get such plate formats here, it's AB(C)-1(23) at best. I did see III-1 today..

http://img55.imageshack.**/img55/1816/resizeu.jpg

Was on an XC60 though, so the guy must've gotten a new car.

Last edited:
G8 update:

The dealer around here has around 12-16 G8's. all but one is a GT, and although the dealership is moving cars, none of the cars being moved are the G8's, and as a result, they really want to get rid of them. Problem is that the prices are not where I want them yet, so I will let the dealer bleed a bit more. There is no way the G8's are going to be moving in the economy we are in, especially in Modesto. We are at around 20% unemployment and increasing. Prices have to come down sometime.

That and the axing of Pontiac has not come into play with pricing as yet.

I can't bring myself to take on debt for a car that I wouldn't be driving daily.

G8 update:

The dealer around here has around 12-16 G8's. all but one is a GT, and although the dealership is moving cars, none of the cars being moved are the G8's, and as a result, they really want to get rid of them. Problem is that the prices are not where I want them yet, so I will let the dealer bleed a bit more. There is no way the G8's are going to be moving in the economy we are in, especially in Modesto. We are at around 20% unemployment and increasing. Prices have to come down sometime.

That and the axing of Pontiac has not come into play with pricing as yet.

Will you be able to get financing though, it's another reason cars aren't moving.

Cash will work nicely I believe.

Just a quick note for you to think of. After Oldsmobile was shuttered by GM banks stopped financing Oldsmobile brand cars. I don't remember when exactly most banks stopped offering financing on Oldsmobiles but they did eventually.

It doesn't matter to you right now because you are paying cash but if you ever plan to sell that G8 it will be much harder as most people need at least some financing to buy a car.

Here is an inside baseball type dealer tip for you. Look for the car with the lowest stock number and if the options and color agree with you make an offer on that one.

Pretty much all dealers floorplan their new cars with a bank so every month they pay XXX amount of dollars to the bank to finance the car. In the past you could floorplan a new car for just about ever but now you can't. Most banks give you a year exactly from the time the car is first floorplaned for it to be sold. If the car is not sold in that year then it becomes a curtailed car and the bank wants the balance of the car's cost in cash within XX days.

We have managed to sell all but one of our Curtailed Volvos but we still have four, three after today if the sale I just made today goes through, saabs and prices on those cars are slashed.

Yeah we might be loosing 2,000 or more dollars to sell one of these cars but that is preferred over having to tie up 30,000 plus dollars in cash.

The lowest stock number on those G8s will be the closest to being curtailed and will be the best deal.