Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

LeVeL

Forum Addict
I saw a car in the left lane on the highway the other day where the driver was holding the wheel at 6 and 12. I have a picture that I can upload at some point

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
My Jeep rolled over 10000kms today, and I bought it a present. but the present is presenting some problems. It doesn't fit properly. Now I can't drive to work tomorrow.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
I saw a long wheelbase Rubicon (I think) on a dual carriageway here the other day. I can't imagine that it would ever roll over on normal roads, they're just so wide... too wide for our roads.

In other news I'm pleased to say that no puddles of oil have developed under the amphibious Discovery after the weekend oil and turbo change. Also from searching the internet I've found 2 possible causes for the noise it's making, either a worn out vacuum pump or a loose big end bearing shell.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
I just realized I have never rode or driven a convertible... :(

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
Bearing shell is cheaper though. :p

They're only theories from what I have read online or seen in youtube videos and explain the new 'ticking' noise it has.

Badly failing vac pump:

This is a cracked bearing shell:

Mine:

Could be worse, the only convertible I've been in (ignoring soft top Land Rovers) is a 206CC and I was squashed in the back. :lol:

Last edited:

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
I, too, have been in the back of a 206CC. By 'in' I mean 'sitting sideways because I couldn't fit'.
Bingo. I was younger then but I did have to do some contorting to get in. I remember feeling like a dog with it's head sticking out of a hole in a box.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
:lol:

Well, yeah, better not try that with my 6'2" and *ahem* "ample" physique.

ALXBWSCREW

Car(s)
Fiat Barchetta, Alfa Romeo 156, Opel Zafira
I'm fed up with BMW's, especially old ones. I think it's because in my country only retarded rednecks drive them and think they're drift kings or something.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Welcome to www.mailredlineramiata.com - donations can be made using all major credit and debit cards or PayPal. Alternatively mail us your firstborn and be the first to receive exclusive pictures of a very happy Brazilian as soon as they become available.

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
No, we need to send him one of these:

Most notable for having a maximum payload of 500lbs. Including passengers.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Welcome to www.mailredlineramiata.com - donations can be made using all major credit and debit cards or PayPal. Alternatively mail us your firstborn and be the first to receive exclusive pictures of a very happy Brazilian as soon as they become available.

:lol:

25k US Dollars are enough to buy a 1993 Miata. Let?s make it happen, people! :mrgreen:

No, we need to send him one of these:

:lmao:

500lbs? I need to choose my passengers carefully! :p

captain_70s

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'77 Triumph Dolomite 1300 + '83 Triumph Acclaim
I don't know enough fat people to overload it. :(

Although I have a better option...

For just ?480 (on top of purchase) you could have your Austin Allegro with far less roof... and structural rigidity, in a car where jacking it up in the wrong place makes the rear window pop out even with it's lid on...

I'm not sure if any survive, I recall one being on eBay years ago but have a vague recollection of news of it being written off when somebody drove into it while it was parked... Or I might have imagined it. :lol: