Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

JimCorrigan

Car(s)
HMCS Velvet Glove; The Last Samurai
No, we need to send him one of these:

Most notable for having a maximum payload of 500lbs. Including passengers.
Oh gawd I remember those only too well. Mostly saw them as Pontiac Firefly models. The horror.

The horror.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
I remember riding in the back of the first gen CLK. I had to put my feet up on the cushion as for the driver, who was as tall as me, had to have the seat pushed back all the way to fit normally.

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
VW eGolf, Hyundai Kona 1.0
Was yesterday Ferrari day here? Spotted a Testarossa, 360, 430 AND spent a good deal of my commute behind this thing...

Foto0035.jpg

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
That kids, is why convertibles should only be bought as roadsters.

I've only ever ridden in roadsters: NC Miata (roof up, sadly), R170 SLK200 Kompressor (top up and down) and R171 SLK280 (top up, winter in Bavaria :p ).

Also, [joke about Hitler and four seat convertibles].

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
The three times I've driven a 'vert, I LOVED it. I do notice one thing though: people who sit further back will notice more of a difference, because the top of the windshield and the open are above it are in your vertical peripheral view (if that's even a thing...). People who sit closer to the dash are more "tucked in" under the windshield, and it's really only like driving a car with a slightly larger sunroof.

Cowboy

My name is Sheridan
A man does not belong in a convertible.....unless it's pink, a Cadillac and you are Clint Eastwood.

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
My air con has stopped working. Clutch engages and compressor turns, but it's not cold. Had it booked for annual service already, told them to check. I suspect a leak.
One new compressor and 9 700 kings heads later (?1200/$1400) my car is chilled again! Insurance is a good thing, because I only had to pay 2000 kings heads.

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
VW eGolf, Hyundai Kona 1.0
A man does not belong in a convertible.....unless it's pink, a Cadillac and you are Clint Eastwood.
that is wrong on so many levels...

(has driven a Mini One convertible and not ashamed to admit it. Not even a Cooper or an S!)