Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
While seemingly awesome, that would suck quite badly. There's tons of falling cinders and ash at some fires. You won't catch mt hanging out in an open-topped vehicle during a blaze.

But for parades? "Maximum Level Reached." :)
It's a convertible. Meaning it converts. Double awesome!

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
If you ignore the air suspension, what do you guys think of this wrapped Volvo?

At first I couldn't believe it was a wrap, I thought it was repainted. I have to say I much prefer this option than plastidipping your car.

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT

At first I couldn't believe it was a wrap, I thought it was repainted. I have to say I much prefer this option than plastidipping your car.
A friend of mine has vinyl wrapped car, its actually pretty good if done properly

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pour
DONOR
Car(s)
'01 Disco 2 V8, '90 Disco 1, '05 Smart Roadster
I'm still more of a fan of plasti-dip because it's cheap to do and you're not wasting much when you get bored and peel it off, but that does look like a paint job.

Horrible colour though...

ALXBWSCREW

Car(s)
Fiat Barchetta, Alfa Romeo 156, Opel Zafira
About the converible stuff: I think it's more about the sensation than anything else, you don't get any other bonus points but it just feels a bit more special.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
A man does not belong in a convertible.....unless it's pink, a Cadillac and you are Clint Eastwood.
An insecure man might make an outlandish statement like that and try to make up for said insecurities by importing a huge American truck into Europe. A real man can drive whatever the hell he wishes.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
murano crosscabriolet AWD. the ultimate man's convertable.

Look, even a guy is driving one:

Zesty

Not A Dude
Car(s)
05 Honda Jazz VTi-S
Anyone would look like a tool in that thing, the proportions are just so awkward, especially with the roof down. That said, I don' think it looks much better with the roof up. Such a pointless vehicle.

JimCorrigan

Car(s)
HMCS Velvet Glove; The Last Samurai
An insecure man might make an outlandish statement like that and try to make up for said insecurities by importing a huge American truck into Europe. A real man can drive whatever the hell he wishes.
:+1:
We're all gearheads/petrolheads here. I would think we were all on-board with just our love for all things *car* and not give a damn what everyone else thinks, without worrying about the stereotypes.

(said *fully* sincerely, and not without a hint of bias despite clearly having a want for cocks' cars like an Audi TT or a BMW Z4 :mrgreen: )

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park

My company fully wraps the service vehicles, after three years it starts to peel. Especially so on the lower panels. It costs close to the same to have a full wrap so why not do it the right way the first time?

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
So how much does it cost to do a full wrap like this? (I'm not thinking about doing it, I'm just curious)