Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

My Crown Vic has one. It's rather annoying when the hookers escape.

Mine doesn't. Unfortunately, my battery is back there, and the more clever hookers have discovered that they can scuttle the electrical system with strategically placed jewelery. Must get a locking battery box.

That glass was worse scripting than modern Top Gear. Other episodes are better, but they seem under the impression that cars made out of filler, rather than metal.

Watching the 50 Cadillac, fuck you. The show is about as real as Eastenders. :mad:

And don't forget the chainsaw. You can fit more hookers in the trunk if they aren't...er..."fully assembled."

Watching the 50 Cadillac, fuck you. The show is about as real as Eastenders. :mad:

Ugh FFS, these bodge merchants are awful. I dunno why I still watch it.
They had a GTO, body was full of filler. They install a new interior over the rusty floor. Wings were full of caulking, but we'll just put the wing on top, no-one will see it. The car came back from paint, they through a random engine in the car. Only then did they notice that the frame was bent to fuck. Nothing a blowtorch won't fix.

I can say I have "women chasing after me." By "Chasing" I mean, in the trunk and, "after me" always with me in the trunk. :D

People seem to frown upon seeing 10 hookers handcuffed to my bed rails...

As the Triumph is old fashioned you just have to bung them in the trunk itself, problematic as unless the fuel/exhaust fumes knock them out quickly they can climb out through the panel gaps. :(

The damn thing also swallowed ?60 worth of unleaded today, I didn't even know the tank could hold that much. Worked out the fuel consumption, averaging 29-30mpg, not bad considering the carb needs tuning. I also keep getting the controls mixed up with the Yaris, meaning whenever I pull up to a junction I flick the wipers on instead of the indicators, and earlier I blew the horn at an overtaking Mini thinking I was using the windscreen washers.
:oops:

Last edited:
In the words of the great Jamie Hyneman: "Well, there's your problem!"

854699_10151522707838653_1994095645_o.jpg

Sorry but, 18 gauge wire should NEVER be used under any circumstances.

Also, checked on one of the plugs on my Jeep, is this still ok?

729950_10151522083708653_1643179674_o.jpg

Last edited:
Worth the extra expense for Hankook over Kumho?

Yes I'm trying to cheap out, no I don't put my car through anything more rigorous than a spirited drive (yet).

In the words of the great Jamie Hyneman: "Well, there's your problem!"

It's actually Adam Savage who said that. :p

Jamie has said it a few times on the show as well, but it was Adam who said it first and tends to use it more frequently

Yes I'm trying to cheap out, no I don't put my car through anything more rigorous than a spirited drive (yet).

Tire Rack itself says the Kumhos are better head-to-head so it wouldn't be worth it, but check the details of that test to see if they apply to your needs. For a little bit more than the Hankooks, though, that same test recommends the Sumitomos, and the local Jag mechanic here swears by them.

Last edited:

Hankook, they look better ::p

It's actually Adam Savage who said that. :p

Jamie has said it a few times on the show as well, but it was Adam who said it first and tends to use it more frequently

Fine, you win.

Tire Rack itself says the Kumhos are better head-to-head so it wouldn't be worth it, but check the details of that test to see if they apply to your needs. For a little bit more than the Hankooks, though, that same test recommends the Sumitomos, and the local Jag mechanic here swears by them.

Figures, I just checked the local town fair tire, they'll change the tires with an alignment and lifetime snow tire changeover for $200/tire, plus no shipping costs. But they only have Hankook. That might be the way to go for me. Thanks for the info, if I do buy online the Sumitomo looks good.

I've had Kumhos, they lasted about half of what I expected them to last. The wet traction and grip was awful too. I believe they were called Ecsta SP2 or something around that terminology.
I tried after some Dunlop Direzzas, they were affordable (in .cr) and awesome in all conditions. This was in my GTI.

The Fiat has some super grippy Continental ContiPremium Contact2 tires, I love them.