Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I'm still hoping to buy a Corvette next year some time.
It'll have to be in LeMans Blue.

LMBvette.jpg

Challenger in Plum Crazy Purple for me.

nurple.jpg

Nice choices, but...

Shelby Mustang in black for me.

It's hard to find a car that looks as aggressive as a black Shelby Mustang.

I'd rather a Vanquish in Midnight Blue myself. Never been a fan of American muscle cars, really (and yes, I'm lumping in the Corvette with those. deal with it).

h48Pj5v.png

If money was no object, I'd totally get one of those but, money is an object that needs to be saved.

If money was no object, I'd totally get one of those but, money is an object that needs to be saved.

True, but all of the cars are attainable. You, TC and I need to save up our money to buy our dream cars (Or in my case, I can convert my existing car into a Shelby look-alike - still takes money, though.); all Em needs to do is find a rich guy and marry him. ;)

Yeah, I was speaking more in real terms of a car I'll be looking to buy next year, not a dream car. If money was no option, I wouldn't be looking at Chevy's with interiors made from recycled trash bins. Sadly money is a very real object, so I gotta make do. :p

Last edited:
Realistically I know I'll never own an Aston. I can dream, though. :p

So, I was checking the inventory of the junkyard I usually go to, and they had something that would make a couple of FGers cry...

One, possibly TWO 850 Rs

I think we're just down to one potential mourner at this point and it's certainly not me. :D

Last edited:
Badly if at all, assuming the bike even has a windshield. See my comment about 'stupid piece of paper.'

That said, I usually get permission to park on concrete parking lot islands, patios, sidewalks, other dead spaces etc., etc, where cars can't fit or aren't allowed to park, that sort of thing. Most people/companies don't care or even actively prefer you park there because in terms of parking space, if you're not occupying a slot, you're a 'free' customer and someone else can use the spot.

Welcome to Belgium.
We can park anywhere for free. And we can legaly park on the curb if we provide ~1 meter of space for pedestrians. :)

Welcome to Belgium.
We can park anywhere for free. And we can legaly park on the curb if we provide ~1 meter of space for pedestrians. :)

Exuse me? Last time I checked we have payed parking in pretty much every town center, usually enforced by private company meter maids with the IQ of an apple and the common sense of a grapefruit, and the 1 meter for pedestrians thing is an urban myth, while maybe not enforced as much as certain other traffic laws, you cannot legally park on a curb anywhere unless there is one of these:
100_4251.JPG

Last edited:
I'm blaming the painkillers........that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

talking about achievable dream cars, I still want an Toyota Corolla with an identity crisis and 2 tone paint job badly. Also Pop Up Headlamps FTW !!

70005000212013071100100.jpg
0500021A20130711W00101.jpg

After Initial D those cars got fairly expensive for what they are... an old corolla. :D
Still I'd drive a panda trueno. Great little car. :)

After Initial D those cars got fairly expensive for what they are... an old corolla. :D
Still I'd drive a panda trueno. Great little car. :)

that is true, finding an unmolested model in Japan is almost impossible and than they still want 12.000 $ for it :( but still achievable and for a soon to be classic quite cheap. And in 2016 the Trueno/Levin will fall in the germanys 30 years classic car range. which means cheaper insurance and taxes and not dealing with emissions and the Umwelt Zone (H plate). It is an reliable classic car which is cheap to run :)