Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I emailed an enquiry of how much a complete, used 323F GT interior would cost, with all the seats and door cards.

http://img187.imageshack.**/img187/9877/2701201l8fae8d40881e405.jpg

This is basically what it looks like. The problem is, the set is quite far up north and it would be a pain to pick up.

I emailed an enquiry of how much a complete, used 323F GT interior would cost, with all the seats and door cards.

http://img187.imageshack.**/img187/9877/2701201l8fae8d40881e405.jpg

This is basically what it looks like. The problem is, the set is quite far up north and it would be a pain to pick up.

Remember, if you fit sports seats, you need to up the power aswell. Is your F a low emissions vehicle?

I'm pretty sure it is. I'm not very eager on modifying underbonnet things, since everything does work at the moment. The pictured car has the same engine, so I think I can go sports without having to improve the performance :lol:

And of course, I'm only thinking of replacing the seats because of the worn middle section of the driver's seat. There's still the option of sourcing a replacement section from a wrecked one's passenger seat and have the worn seat repaired..

I'm pretty sure it is. I'm not very eager on modifying underbonnet things, since everything does work at the moment. The pictured car has the same engine, so I think I can go sports without having to improve the performance :lol:

And of course, I'm only thinking of replacing the seats because of the worn middle section of the driver's seat. There's still the option of sourcing a replacement section from a wrecked one's passenger seat and have the worn seat repaired..

GARRETT%20T3_T04E.JPG

-is what you need, not new seats.

Damn you, now you got me thinking of 4WD GTX drivetrain (1.8 turbo) in a F bodyshell, which you couldn't get from the factory.

I drove a Golf GTI yesterday. The new one that looks like a totally boring everyday townscar. And curiously enough, until you actually let 'er rip, it also feels like a normal 1.6l Golf. It's when you do give the DSG the signal to swap a few cogs and hammer it down, the twin exhausts roar like an angry animal dragged through places angry animals shouldn't be dragged, and the GTI comes alive.

http://img40.imageshack.**/img40/6648/vwmk6golfgti08.jpg

Not to say it's actually epically quick, but the accessibility to the 200hp is so well thought out that peak horsepower wouldn't matter. And the grip, holy geez. I thought I was driving on the edge, but this beast just urged me to push on until the guy riding shotgun wet his pants. And even then I hadn't heard a tyre squeal. Total fun, then. I'm seriously considering a Scirocco with the GTI-spec. Me, the guy with an affection for RWD and buying stuff secondhand.

http://img401.imageshack.**/img401/9523/volkswagenscirocco.jpg

.. But of course there was a VW-type build quality issue. Throughout the rev range there was this nasty resonating buzzing sound coming from the dashboard. Almost wrecked the whole sensation. But the salesguy said this particular GTI was a press model, one of the first ever made. So I guess I'll let it slide..

.. But of course there was a VW-type build quality issue. Throughout the rev range there was this nasty resonating buzzing sound coming from the dashboard. Almost wrecked the whole sensation. But the salesguy said this particular GTI was a press model, one of the first ever made. So I guess I'll let it slide..

My mums Mk6 Golf doesn't make a single rattling noise.

My mums Mk6 Golf doesn't make a single rattling noise.

My Golf doesn't make a single noise when it's standing still in a parking lot, refusing to start. :lol:

My MK3 VR6 makes a roarting noise every time I rev it.
I love 6 cylinders.
I love the look on Honda Civic drivers when a "Golf" takes them so easily (I removed the VR6 badges).

Long live VW.

-Yeah, mine rattles too, but I adore it.

Engine size and carb CFM?

2.4L and 168 CFM

on a unrelated note, it seems the engine was used until 2005 in the stratus/sebring coupe

2.4L and 168 CFM

on a unrelated note, it seems the engine was used until 2005 in the stratus/sebring coupe

Hmm, that's pretty much the perfect size carb for the engine then. Perhaps it's just not tuned properly.

thanks for the advice i'll go check

Bought a car today. It's a 97 Grand Prix with the 3800 and 135k. Looks and runs great. I paid $1000, which i think is a good deal but I could be wrong.

Bought a car today. It's a 97 Grand Prix with the 3800 and 135k. Looks and runs great. I paid $1000, which i think is a good deal but I could be wrong.

Assuming it doesn't kill you in a blaze of fire it is not bad. I have a friend with similar model (couple years older) that is adequate as a daily driver.

Assuming it doesn't kill you in a blaze of fire it is not bad. I have a friend with similar model (couple years older) that is adequate as a daily driver.

The problem is that it will probably attempt to kill him in a blaze of fire anyway.

I suddenly have the urge to hit the racetrack in my little Yaris, and was wondering if any of you have some car prep tips for circuit work?

GARRETT%20T3_T04E.JPG

-is what you need, not new seats.

:cry: mee too but them my transmission will fall apart. The turbo kit for my car gives it 280 HP and that is more than the damn auto can handle

My MK3 VR6 makes a roarting noise every time I rev it.
I love 6 cylinders.
I love the look on Honda Civic drivers when a "Golf" takes them so easily (I removed the VR6 badges).

Long live VW.

-Yeah, mine rattles too, but I adore it.

It's sooo much more fun when you overtake them in a stock slooooow beetle, which you can easily because half of them think decals and fart cans make them go faster when I have been bothering to figure out what RPM the torque kicks in.