Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Lock closer and you will notice a very big issue

There is no hood
You'd also probably have to make a larger hole for air to get in to the radiator and probably the air intake. Too much work for that. They have obviously do not want anyone fixing their horrible ideas.

Five minutes with a hole saw and I can fix that.

Then again, you can just make it pick up air from the bottom - lots of cars do that.

I think that concept looks Awesome... Wall-E eyes and all. It'll sell by the millions over in Japland, because they like kei cars...

Over in Europe, I think there may also be a market for it, if they keep the price down, and make it look EXACTLY like that

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/22/2009-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-has-dealer-installed-accessory-price/

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 has dealer installed accessory prices that would make Porsche blush

We just spent four, maybe five, minutes Googling around these here internets looking for the most expensive safety triangle we could find. You know, those orange reflective thingermabobs you can erect in the face of oncoming traffic to warn them of your breakdown/tire change? Most are $12. Though the most expensive one we could locate costs $21.49, although upon closer inspection, that's for a three-pack.

According to its website, Chevrolet, on the other hand, will be more than happy to sell you (or rather let a dealer sell you) an orange safety triangle with your Corvette ZR1 for $2,929. Ooh, we bet it's extra safe! Or, as tipster Jonathan says of the triangle, "This seem a tad high. Maybe I am wrong and the triangle is made out of solid (and very shiny) gold."

They will also let you purchase a $5,233 fire extinguisher, a $4,187 first aid kit and our favorite, a $12,870 roadside assistance package that includes, "a convenient tire pressure gauge, fuse kit, multi-bit screwdriver, flashlight, pliers, rain poncho and more." Obviously, the pliers are by Klein, the poncho is from Versace and the fuses are made of diamonds. Could be, though we're thinking the fact that Chevy offers both a $44 and $5,233 fire extinguisher means the whole page is one big series of typos. Still, ha ha ha funny

Must be the new government bureaucracy. After all, if the government pays $10,000 for a toilet seat and $8000 for a hammer, you should happily shell out thousands of dollars for a safety triangle from Government Motors, right? :p

The best part is that nobody seems to have bothered double checking any of this before taking it live. Doesn't that just inspire confidence that they're going to assemble your new car with that same level of attention to detail?

Last edited:
Question, I was watching Transporter 3 the other day (yeah, lolfag, I know the other 2 were much better...) and noticed that Frank has the W12 version of the A8...

Why not the S8? Then I wondered whether the S8 has a 12 cilinder in the first place, and wiki tells me that the S8 is just another version of the "standard" V8 one... which has 355ish HP....

so the "S" sporty model is actually LESS powerful than a W12 one with the good old 6.0 W12 450 hp engine...
Why would you get the S then? for the badge/suspension tweaks/cooler wheels?

They're currently making a new S8 with the 5.2 TFSI engine from Lambo, bringing the power up to 450 hp aswell, but isn't this a big marketing fail by Audi?

Personally I don't care, I would go for the 4.2 TDI one in a heartbeat (or the 6.0 TDI if they ever shove that one in)

The Sierra lives again!

-Sort of.

Question, I was watching Transporter 3 the other day (yeah, lolfag, I know the other 2 were much better...) and noticed that Frank has the W12 version of the A8...

Why not the S8? Then I wondered whether the S8 has a 12 cilinder in the first place, and wiki tells me that the S8 is just another version of the "standard" V8 one... which has 355ish HP....

so the "S" sporty model is actually LESS powerful than a W12 one with the good old 6.0 W12 450 hp engine...
Why would you get the S then? for the badge/suspension tweaks/cooler wheels?

They're currently making a new S8 with the 5.2 TFSI engine from Lambo, bringing the power up to 450 hp aswell, but isn't this a big marketing fail by Audi?

Personally I don't care, I would go for the 4.2 TDI one in a heartbeat (or the 6.0 TDI if they ever shove that one in)

No, it's not. The main difference is in suspension setup and gearbox availability. The only D2 A8 available with a manual gearbox was the S8. It also came with sports suspension and some other "sporty" gizmos standard, all of which the W12 didn't have. You should look at them as two top models. One sporty, and one luxury.

I kinda want. Just 'cause it's so ridiculously cute! :wub:

:Is ashamed at own girly-ness:

You're a girl. Its normal.

You should look at them as two top models. One sporty, and one luxury.

I sort of get that, auto slushbox, etc, but still, the NON sporty one has 100 hp more??? Does not compute

I sort of get that, auto slushbox, etc, but still, the NON sporty one has 100 hp more??? Does not compute

0.4s faster to 100 than the W12 does compute (and the power difference is "only" 60hp).

Question remains (to me atleast) : which one is the coolest one? I'd say the W12 by about 174 miles.

What are the torque figures for them? And weights? I'm betting the sporty one weighs less and makes more torque, which is what really matters.