Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

No, I was referring to Cowboy

Do DIY windshield repair kits actually work? An asshole in a Challenger launched a rock at me and now I have a small chip just to the left of my line of sight.

Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Not really well, no.

Last edited:
If it not in your field of view it can stop it from spreading. Insurance doesn't cover glass breakage?

Worked fine for me, it doesn't do an amazeballs job but it does fill it in enough to stop it spreading.

If it not in your field of view it can stop it from spreading. Insurance doesn't cover glass breakage?

I'd have to go through the documents again since the last time the glass broke it was more than two years ago and covered under warranty, so I forgot. But the chip is smaller than a dime, so I was prepared to pay out of pocket since I figured it might be cheaper than the deductible.

Just don't wait. I did and it ended up becoming a new windshield that I had to pony up for out of pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turn off your tap a talk notice please.

I'd have to go through the documents again since the last time the glass broke it was more than two years ago and covered under warranty, so I forgot. But the chip is smaller than a dime, so I was prepared to pay out of pocket since I figured it might be cheaper than the deductible.

Call an automotive glass shop, they can repair it professionally.

Do DIY windshield repair kits actually work? An asshole in a Challenger launched a rock at me and now I have a small chip just to the left of my line of sight.

Heh, I just had the same thing happen on Thursday. Posted the question in the things that nnoy me thread, didn't get a reply, then posted it in the Qs for Spectre thread this morning without checking here first.

Not really well, no.

Good to know

I went to file a claim, but then got a notice that I'm not carrying glass. I could've sworn I was on the Jeep because it was so cheap, but my guess is that they fucked it up went I went from Mustang-commute/Jeep-recreation to Mustang-storage/Jeep-commute. I tried to argue with them but they said it wasn't covered and if I added the coverage now, this damage wouldn't be eligible obviously.

Call an automotive glass shop, they can repair it professionally.

Safelite quoted me $144.50 to repair the tiny crack on the Jeep windshield (also smaller than a dime) or $189 for an all new windshield. I think I'm going to take the cheap way out and get a $15 3M repair kit anyways since I'm still planning on selling the Jeep in a month or two (basically as soon as I can be sure we're done with winter weather for the season).

Last edited:
Safelite quoted me $144.50 to repair the tiny crack on the Jeep windshield (also smaller than a dime) or $189 for an all new windshield. I think I'm going to take the cheap way out and get a $15 3M repair kit anyways since I'm still planning on selling the Jeep in a month or two (basically as soon as I can be sure we're done with winter weather for the season).

That's what you get for calling Safelite. My local glass company fixes that sort of thing for $40.

I phoned about a car that looks like a fish, made by a long-dead marque. Good job I don't have any space for it, because it's that cheap.

My mom is test driving a Subaru Outback to replace her '06 Yukon XL. Nice to see her step outside of her comfort zone of body on frame SUV's.

Our volvo had been getting slowly but steadily worse and had finally reached a point where the repairs cost more than the car was worth, so it got replaced by a clio. It's primarely my bfs car so I haven't gotten around to taking pics but it's a 1,5 diesel, 90 hp, sport tourer and probably something else, will make a thread when I get some proper pics of it :)

Had to jump start the Fabya, open the Cacti bonnet. The fucking negative terminal is entombed in plastic covers and inaccessable. Can't find a decent earth anywhere under the bonnet, so just pushed the cunt to jump start.

Does anybody know where one can buy these position lights:

The car's a '79 Olds Cutlass Supreme, but we are 99% sure these lights are aftermarket. Any help is appreciated.

Dalek from the 60s. Or maybe something with made by Morris.