Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I still want to see your project (any excuse for a summertime run through the Rockies). You'll have to tell me which car to bring. :)

The Grabber Blue GT350 with black racing stripe of course.

I'm not suggesting that a Cacti automagic had a rolling-start drag race against a same engined DS3, but if they did, it would be quite the elephant race.

How would you know they were racing?

Crap. I think my wife wants a Pacifica....

As long as it's not the old POS.

Crap. I think my wife wants a Pacifica....

The Pacifica has received great reviews, including the hybrid. If you go that way, Wait and get a plugin version.

The Pacifica has received great reviews, including the hybrid. If you go that way, Wait and get a plugin version.

This. The plugin is a no brainer if you can swing it.

Great reviews don't equal great reliability, and it's a brand new, unproven platform.

Thankfully, a similarly equipped Honda Odyssey that she liked better costs 10 grand less and despite being beaten with the ugly stick, drives better, has better resale, and feels much better put together than the Chrysler.

Even better, Honda also makes a 3 row crossover she prefers to both of those other vehicles.

EDIT: yes, I realized I said "better" four times in the above. I blame it being on my phone as I typed it.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;-vektlaHd8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vektlaHd8A[/video]

Great reviews don't equal great reliability, and it's a brand new, unproven platform.

Thankfully, a similarly equipped Honda Odyssey that she liked better costs 10 grand less and despite being beaten with the ugly stick, drives better, has better resale, and feels much better put together than the Chrysler.

Even better, Honda also makes a 3 row crossover she prefers to both of those other vehicles.

EDIT: yes, I realized I said "better" four times in the above. I blame it being on my phone as I typed it.

For your purposes a minivan is the best option, 3 row cross overs/SUVs rarely have enough storage room with the 3rd row installed. Also I would say Odyssey would be a better choice, it's a pretty well proven vehicle.

P.S. I might have figured out what you got :p

Was out helping a friend used car shop down around Baltimore.

A Subaru salesman pointed out that the Crosstrek has a very big arm rest storage thing. Big enough to keep a gun in.

Okay, sure.

And then I thought about it some more. It's fucking impossible to get a concealed carry license in Maryland.

I am now forever going to imagine Baltimore gang wars being fought between the Hyper Blue gang and the Creamsicle Orange gang.

Maybe there's even a Weird Tan crew.

Well, what would you call this color?*

f21abbd10a0a0002019d2de4b633c130.jpg

*khaki is not an acceptable answer

Hearing aid beige.

edit: and before anyone points it out, my car is actually Pea Soup Metallic tyvm.

Last edited: