Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Walking out of a Copart location after inspecting a parts car. I didn't know "Engine blown from running upside down after a rollover" had a distinct smell, but it does. Also, fuck glass.

What does it smell closest to?

Glass as a whole piece is a good thing. Broken glass on the other hand sucks.

Glass IN the other hand.

It smells a lot like burnt oil except it's completely pervasive and... Burnier.

Glass IN the other hand.

Well, there is that. Ouch. I always forget to take a few bandages in with me.

It smells a lot like burnt oil except it's completely pervasive and... Burnier.

I replaced a rear axle assembly in my brother-in-law's S-10 once that was similar. No gear oil in it at all...

Both my Disco 1s stink inside at the moment because the tunnel is open letting under-car smells in. I can't put my finger on the smell, it's quite like EP90 gear oil (which would make sense) but has more of a natural gas nose to it. Odd that they both stink of it.

Also sold the air locker, got a decent price just as long as I shred the original invoice from 2014 and don't look at it.

There was a dark green one of these for sale in AZ a few years ago with color matched wheels. Pure sex. I know I saved the pictures sonewhere, need to try to find where I posted them.

Both my Disco 1s stink inside at the moment because the tunnel is open letting under-car smells in. I can't put my finger on the smell, it's quite like EP90 gear oil (which would make sense) but has more of a natural gas nose to it. Odd that they both stink of it.

Also sold the air locker, got a decent price just as long as I shred the original invoice from 2014 and don't look at it.

What locker are you replacing it with?