Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

EyeMWing

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Odds sods and turbos
So I recently got ahold of a Pennsylvania Cars Under $1500 facebook sale group.

It is ABSOLUTELY CHOCK FULL of the worst of the worst. SO MANY Mistubishi Eclipses. Used tires of exceptionally sketchy provenance. Tons of XJ Cherokees. Almost as many ZJ Grand Cherokees. Bunch of trashed performance model Subarus with blown engines.

Everything else is carbaged to death.

But... Virtually everything has a manual transmission.

I simply do not understand this place.

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
So I recently got ahold of a Pennsylvania Cars Under $1500 facebook sale group.

I think I found your problem... :p

Also, it's not hard to understand why they're manuals - either cheapest version to begin with or the now-least popular; remember, manuals are not prized by much of the populace any more. And being Pennsylvania...

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR, #Saab #9-3, #Toyota #MR2 #Spyder
With Roger Moore (RIP) all over the news, I'm thinking of James Bond's rides. In the movies he's driven a Sunbeam, a Bentley, plenty of Astons, a Lotus, a Citroen, BMWs, and the odd Ford or GM rental. No Jaguars or TVRs though, even in the books, right?

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
With Roger Moore (RIP) all over the news, I'm thinking of James Bond's rides. In the movies he's driven a Sunbeam, a Bentley, plenty of Astons, a Lotus, a Citroen, BMWs, and the odd Ford or GM rental. No Jaguars or TVRs though, even in the books, right?

I feel like a TVR is too flashy, too flamboyant for someone like Bond.

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Last edited:

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC

Jaguars are mostly the cars of Bond's antagonists. Or his bosses; he actually drives M around in an X351 at the end of Skyfall and in various movies M briefs Bond in the back of a Daimler DS420 - a limo version of the Jaguar MkX/420G that ran from 1968 to 1992.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
Car(s)
3 of them
1968 to 1992.

Rex Luther

Car(s)
Honda Jaaaaaazz, 89 M-B 300 CE
Things I learned today.
After driving a Nissan Pulsar with a CVT for two weeks, when you get back to your humble Honda Jazz, you really remember why you bought it in the first place.
Its good to be home.

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
Insignia CT 4x4 CDTI Biturbo
I just watched the Motorweek review of the Chevy Bolt and noticed it has lots of things in common with the new Astra. It's been a while since I saw US and European GM share design details like this.

Well, unless you count them sharing entire cars like the various Buick and Opel models obviously.