Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

You could easily add a detour to Monticello.

AFAIK it's a fully closed track, don't think public is allowed on there at least I never seen any events on their website. Narf if you wanna drop by NYC you are welcome to hoon the Stang around.

AFAIK it's a fully closed track, don't think public is allowed on there at least I never seen any events on their website. Narf if you wanna drop by NYC you are welcome to hoon the Stang around.

Also nowhere near that.

Good route, though.

If you want an alternate scenic route instead of blue ridge parkway twice, let me know and I'll send you the Lemons Rally route for that section.

The Jefferson plantation? :dunno: plenty of old-timey-ish grand buildings in DC already.
Yup, I meant that. It's not grand, but an interesting little bit of history.

TIL about the Monticello Motor Club. :lol:

Last edited:
Yup, I meant that. It's not grand, but an interesting little bit of history.

TIL about the Monticello Motor Club. :lol:

I've raced at Monticello (basically some big bucks members said "We want to race Lemons. Bring them here or else".)

Facility is not in any way meant for that many people or in any way prepared for competitive events. It is VERY MUCH a private club through and through.

Incidentally, they booked us for the week before they ripped up all the pavement and replaced it - you know, so we wouldn't ruin it.

Nice track. Awful facility.

The vinyl on my car is getting dull, I wonder if I can use a regular plastic restorer/tire dressing on it.

Narf if you wanna drop by NYC you are welcome to hoon the Stang around.

Wrong direction, but thanks for the offer :thumbup: One big city per trip is enough for me...

If you want an alternate scenic route instead of blue ridge parkway twice, let me know and I'll send you the Lemons Rally route for that section.

Send away, I'm not dead-set on the exact route.

Or he could, y'know, visit a country with less Trump :whistle:

Work's taking me to Trumpytown, so might as well make the best of it.

That's the western-most blue circle :nod:

There might be a couple of us attempting to make it to Tail of the Dragon in the fall...might be a fun little FG meet.

Try to avoid going there on a weekend, way too crowded.

Also, don't do just the Dragon, there are plenty of nice roads in the area (Devil's Triangle, Cherohala Skyway, etc...)

There might be a couple of us attempting to make it to Tail of the Dragon in the fall...might be a fun little FG meet.

I'll be in that neck of the woods October 2nd/3rd/4th.

Try to avoid going there on a weekend, way too crowded.

Also, don't do just the Dragon, there are plenty of nice roads in the area (Devil's Triangle, Cherohala Skyway, etc...)

:nod: very much not a weekend... and I've planned enough space in that part of the trip to do more. I'm sure I won't be able to do 100% of every awesome road, but still :driving: