Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Some people are just really into daylight. Leaving them uncovered really changes the interior character of a car.

The air is kind of secondary.

Sure! In 1985.....

Some people are just really into daylight. Leaving them uncovered really changes the interior character of a car.

The air is kind of secondary.
Especially cars with dark gray and black interiors. My rental Charger felt like a cave with no sunroof.

I honestly think the mileage thing is old info that's still being passed around as fact due to the fact that registration and auction data can be easily accessed now by JEVIC and a few others/

Totally true but the fear is that not every vehicle is tracked, at least that happens to some in the #JDMscene y0

Sunroofs are meh. Pano roofs are cool. I actually open them a lot when I drive cars with them.

NnFuuqt.png

f3xOgbo.png

Especially cars with dark gray and black interiors. My rental Charger felt like a cave with no sunroof.

I didn?t get that feeling. I more feel that on a day to day basis with my Patriot.

The CR-V is actually AWD not 4WD... and it gets stuck in some pretty lame circumstances.

What the CR-V really is is the second coming of the Civic tall wagon with AWD. From what I've heard from CR-V owners over the years, the AWD is really kind of a joke on the thing.

You're also forgetting that the third gen on have the craptacular 5 speed automatic. Remember how that one goes?

You may also want to look again at the CR-V's common issues - the drivetrain other than the 5 speed autos seems to be pretty solid, but they do seem to have electrical problems. The second-generation-on CR-V often requires special factory tools to replace things, IIRC. I'll contact my Honda master mechanic contact to get more info on the CR-V.

- - - Updated - - -

It has a Honda badge. In many states that automatically adds to the pricetag.

If by "stuck," you mean "tried really hard to get it stuck but actually drove out on its own with a little effort."

Of course the all wheel drive is not as capable as true four wheel drive, but that specific circumstance is only solved by a locking differential.

Ehhhh.

[video]https://youtu.be/jkiv-bWbLIo [/video]

^video is hopefully embedded up there.

A much better example of the system underperforming. The video is still inaccurate to claim that the rear wheels were getting no power whatsoever. If that were true, the car would have rolled backwards :p

Meanwhile, I took the Legacy to work today because the BRZ has a flat. I got it stuck twice just getting out of the back yard. On a gentle incline.

A much better example of the system underperforming. The video is still inaccurate to claim that the rear wheels were getting no power whatsoever. If that were true, the car would have rolled backwards :p

It did, once he got above a certain speed.

Meanwhile, I took the Legacy to work today because the BRZ has a flat. I got it stuck twice just getting out of the back yard. On a gentle incline.

What kind of tires are on the Legacy? In the four years I had my Forester, it didn't get stuck even once - and, believe me - I put it in places most sane people would never go! That said, I was careful when I bought tires to be sure that they would actually grip on slippery surfaces.

If I were looking for a daily-driver AWD/4WD, Subaru would be at the top of my list!

SL

What kind of tires are on the Legacy? In the four years I had my Forester, it didn't get stuck even once - and, believe me - I put it in places most sane people would never go! That said, I was careful when I bought tires to be sure that they would actually grip on slippery surfaces.

If I were looking for a daily-driver AWD/4WD, Subaru would be at the top of my list!

SL

Weak headgaskets and glass automatic transmissions take a lot of Subarus off said lists for a lot of people.

Weak headgaskets and glass automatic transmissions take a lot of Subarus off said lists for a lot of people.

Only the manuals were glass and they all but fazed them out :( Also the new FA motors might *not* have those HG issues anymore. As a former Subaru driver though, I enjoy my Xterra way more, the ground clearance alone makes it better in adverse conditions and then you have selectable 4WD which means you can slide around if you so choose :)

I did a 0-something-0 video with the A5. Cause that's the popular thing to do, right?

Am I popular yet, guys?

Guys?

Your own snow sipes? So hardcore.