Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Just be aware that normal rental agencies specifically prohibit going on the nordschleife. That is to say, there won't be anyone stopping you from going, but if something happens, you will be ROYALLY screwed.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
Car(s)
3 of them
On the upside, the convertible roof should make it easier to communicate with the driver while manhandling the gun rack.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Just be aware that normal rental agencies specifically prohibit going on the nordschleife. That is to say, there won't be anyone stopping you from going, but if something happens, you will be ROYALLY screwed.
I have heard there are spotters around the ring and you will be barred from renting with that agency or quite some time. Basically, if you want to go on the track, rent from a place by the ring like Apex, Rent4Ring, or RSRNurburgring. I chose 4 laps and a trainer which, with Apex was in the 600 euro range. subtract about 140 if you don't want a trainer.

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso
We have no plans to lap the rental car. Now, if the weather is good, Der Stig and I may be lapping on an R1... :D

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
I have heard there are spotters around the ring and you will be barred from renting with that agency or quite some time. Basically, if you want to go on the track, rent from a place by the ring like Apex, Rent4Ring, or RSRNurburgring. I chose 4 laps and a trainer which, with Apex was in the 600 euro range. subtract about 140 if you don't want a trainer.
That's good info!

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Don't make me remotely disable your Mustangs......... welp, looks like the Cavalry just switched sides.